2018 Stock Prediction

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I know a handful of people that did this with WFC and PFG back in the day when both were in the single digits. Pure craziness but worked out for them.

Yeah, I put $5k into farm bureau when it was like $5 but got scared a year later and sold out at like $6.50.

A few years later it was like $30. oh well

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
You are radically under qualified to say what you just said. Doctors don’t diagnose patients if they don’t know the patient. Running your financial planning insights on someone you don’t know is moronic. Furthermore; I am 100% certain the financial company your work for concurs.

Dude...

Saying older people should be more conservative in general is like telling people to exercise. Generic, generic, generic. Relax.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Go back and see who’s going to win the 2018 prediction.
Probably me, since I turned TSLA over several times this year to a nice profitable combined return. Same for AMZN.

If the contest is to compare share price or NAV between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 of the same year, then that's pretty lame.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
You are radically under qualified to say what you just said. Doctors don’t diagnose patients if they don’t know the patient. Running your financial planning insights on someone you don’t know is moronic. Furthermore; I am 100% certain the financial company your work for concurs.

Uh oh, we got another compliance officer run amok. Man I love government regulations. o_O

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Probably me, since I turned TSLA over several times this year to a nice profitable combined return. Same for AMZN.

If the contest is to compare share price or NAV between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 of the same year, then that's pretty lame.

It is. We aren't going to track trading performance in a thread like this. Perhaps with a mock trading portfolio app but that is not for beginners. Those just don't get the attention that real money attracts.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
It is. We aren't going to track trading performance in a thread like this. Perhaps with a mock trading portfolio app but that is not for beginners. Those just don't get the attention that real money attracts.

I’d be down for doing something like a mock trading portfolio for next year. Practice never hurts.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Dude...

Saying older people should be more conservative in general is like telling people to exercise. Generic, generic, generic. Relax.
Read it again. That isn’t what he said. I hear your point I really do. He just went way over his skis.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I agree. However, that’s where I think we are headed in the near future. Another option would be to go in at that 10-15% range, but spread out my cash position over a larger time frame.

I would personally start buying in now, unless you're trying to buy a house with that $$$ in less than 3 years.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Lol markets drop and thread turns ugly. Interesting. This had been a friendly informative thread. ENough of the ********, anyone eyeing anything in particular or have actual investment information to post? If you want to argue go to one of the several Cameron lard threads

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
You can move the money around in your k plan Roth’s you know? I sold stuff all the way to the top and parked it in a nice safe interest bearing account. I’ve got a bunch of dry powder in my retirement plans I’m waiting to dump back in when the time comes.

Start legging in now? A bit every week or two just not to get shut out of opportunity. When this thing bounces back, and it will, you wont get shut out. Just saying and asking for thoughts.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
"So, you should never try to time the market. In fact, nobody has ever done this successfully and consistently over multiple business or stock market cycles. Catching the tops and bottoms is a myth. It is so till today and will remain so in the future. In fact, in doing so, more people have lost far more money than people who have made money," says Anil Chopra, group CEO and director, Bajaj Capital.

B3-BT100_INVEST_8SR_20180913165436.jpg

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
SP500 has lost 13% in 60 days.

The last time it did that was 2011 during the Greek/Euro financial crises.

It's happened 18 other times in the past 60 years, for an average of once every 3.3 years. So, we've gone twice the average time since a similar drop. All is normal and it just seems bad because it's been abnormal recently.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I have cash in our emergency fund and a few K in checking, but I'm not sitting on 50k in cash to "time the market" or "jump in". I'll just keep on with my plan and hope it goes well over time.
trying to time the market is a fools errand.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Hey Hey, Ho Ho, stocks have got to go! Hey Hey, Ho Ho, stocks have got to go!!!
I am outraged at you!!!!!!!!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
SP500 has lost 13% in 60 days.

The last time it did that was 2011 during the Greek/Euro financial crises.

It's happened 18 other times in the past 60 years, for an average of once every 3.3 years. So, we've gone twice the average time since a similar drop. All is normal and it just seems bad because it's been abnormal recently.

I think it is funny when people say "Euro".

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Hey Hey, Ho Ho, stocks have got to go! Hey Hey, Ho Ho, stocks have got to go!!!
I am outraged at you!!!!!!!!

Oops....nevermind....I was not community organized correctly. That should have been "bump stocks" have to go. My bad.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I’d be down for doing something like a mock trading portfolio for next year. Practice never hurts.

I don't know about doing and tracking each individual trading. But, there is an app that is supposed to be for Investment Clubs but it lets you trade an account as a group. It's a little confusing because they are marketing towards real clubs.

https://www.myvoleo.com/

Towards the bottom of the page they have a Voleo Simutrader app