2019 Wrestling Nationals

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That is 27 pounds in one day. No way that can be totally legit. You would have to have a couple gallons of water and a 4 pound steak with the salad bar to yourself to just hit that.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
That is 27 pounds in one day. No way that can be totally legit. You would have to have a couple gallons of water and a 4 pound steak with the salad bar to yourself to just hit that.

Don't know the exact details of weigh-ins for the NCAA tournament, but I'm pretty sure there's an increasing allowance for weight as the tournament goes on. So it's probably "only" 20 pounds in one day.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Don't know the exact details of weigh-ins for the NCAA tournament, but I'm pretty sure there's an increasing allowance for weight as the tournament goes on. So it's probably "only" 20 pounds in one day.

Yeah, there probably is. I know HS is 1 pound per day and it's a two hour before weigh in. If they do the old style weigh in in the morning, you could have five more pounds without a whole lot of surprise.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

The finalists only had to weigh in once, at 10 a.m. Saturday. If they weighed in again right before the evening finals session, they'd all have to bump up a weight class.

In Fausz' case, his last weigh-in was Friday morning (since he was eliminated Friday night). To go from 125 to 152 in 48 hours wouldn't be unheard of.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The finalists only had to weigh in once, at 10 a.m. Saturday. If they weighed in again right before the evening finals session, they'd all have to bump up a weight class.

In Fausz' case, his last weigh-in was Friday morning (since he was eliminated Friday night). To go from 125 to 152 in 48 hours wouldn't be unheard of.

I know that you can have some wild changes, but that level just seems wild. 10-15 I can kinda see with hydration and actual food intake, 27 just blows me away.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
It was the poster TigerGuy over on HR (who seems to know his **** about ISU) - He was clearing some confusing about Ryan Anderson and then suggested Dresser was landing another huge recruit out of PA too. I'm at a lost of who it would be or what class.
I was able to do some looking around and was able to find the post you're referring to, he said "Wait until you see the next ISU Pennsylvania recruit. CRTC will need to add administrative positions for this kid."

Even with this information I still don't have a clue who it could be, but I don't think we should consider it a done deal until we hear an announcement of some sort.

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
I was able to do some looking around and was able to find the post you're referring to, he said "Wait until you see the next ISU Pennsylvania recruit. CRTC will need to add administrative positions for this kid."

Even with this information I still don't have a clue who it could be, but I don't think we should consider it a done deal until we hear an announcement of some sort.

That looks to me more like somebody was getting a jab in about Carr.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I feel pretty good about Facundo as long as Metcalf is here. Also helps that Carr would be a great workout partner for him. Could be a pretty dangerous 165/174 combo by David's junior year..

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
That looks to me more like somebody was getting a jab in about Carr.
Another quote from tigerguy later in the forum after another poster asked if he was baiting him and he replied with "Serious as a heart attack. KD delivers the goods with this one."

Now could he be BSing? Of course, which is why I'm still taking what he said with a grain of salt until a commitment is announced.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Another quote from tigerguy later in the forum after another poster asked if he was baiting him and he replied with "Serious as a heart attack. KD delivers the goods with this one."

Now could he be BSing? Of course, which is why I'm still taking what he said with a grain of salt until a commitment is announced.

If this is true. It could be a flip commitment from a junior, because the only top uncommitted junior left is Beau Bartlett and I don't think we are in on him

For sophomores, there is Jagger Condomitti ranked about #29 in the sophomore class, but not sure of any other high rated PA targets. Not that I know who is all on the list.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I see a tidbit in the PSU thread on Bono and NCAA investigating tampering am guessing it has to do with Gross

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
The Fausz weight is legit... it's always been known that his cut its brutal. Lizak is another one that always has been talked about as a huge cut. He bumped to 133 this year, but pulling 125 the years prior was crazy.

Those are definitely two graduating seniors that have to be glad to be back at a normal walking around weight of 150-160.

• Agree
Reactions: NYWRESTLER94

cywr89

May 14, 2009
If this is true. It could be a flip commitment from a junior, because the only top uncommitted junior left is Beau Bartlett and I don't think we are in on him

For sophomores, there is Jagger Condomitti ranked about #29 in the sophomore class, but not sure of any other high rated PA targets. Not that I know who is all on the list.
Only two things I can think of is they have their States mixed up and talking about Facundo or maybe it is Carson Manville. I’m wondering if Mason is looking for a school with an opening at 165?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Only two things I can think of is they have their States mixed up and talking about Facundo or maybe it is Carson Manville. I’m wondering if Mason is looking for a school with an opening at 165?

Those two or maybe Nijenhuis flipped from Purdue to the clones?

Reactions: condor

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017

When I was in Tulsa was told we were in pretty deep on a highly ranked kid “out east” but the father wanted to control everything so we backed off of him. No name mentioned. Am wondering if this is who they are talking about and what the administrative positions comment is about.