2019 Wrestling Nationals

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think that a couple will be leaving Iowa. With Happel's brother committting to Iowa, I would think he will be one leaving.

I am also wondering if Renteria or Cashman ever see the mat at Iowa. Both were not found in opens or antything. Of course, Renteria is not able to transfer again, since he already did from Nebraska. But with Happel, Murin, Turk, Teasdale, Desanto all at 133/most at 141, seems pretty congested.

Not sure if rumors are true that Teasdale is going to get next year back and not start his enrollment until this year seems funny. I thought it was enrolling in school, not competing school.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
i agree Buff didn't Earl lose a year for enrolling in school but never attending ? The transfer rules may be different now but I seem to remember this

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think that a couple will be leaving Iowa. With Happel's brother committting to Iowa, I would think he will be one leaving.

I am also wondering if Renteria or Cashman ever see the mat at Iowa. Both were not found in opens or antything. Of course, Renteria is not able to transfer again, since he already did from Nebraska. But with Happel, Murin, Turk, Teasdale, Desanto all at 133/most at 141, seems pretty congested.

Not sure if rumors are true that Teasdale is going to get next year back and not start his enrollment until this year seems funny. I thought it was enrolling in school, not competing school.

For D1, the clock starts ticking on enrollment. Five years from when you enroll. I think if they went to OTC (what was the situation with Hall, he enrolled in Rutgers and lost a year but got it back because he never attended classes, right?) it may be different, but setting foot in class gets that clock rolling.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Yeah this is why I am not sure what is happening with Teasdale. Maybe he enrolled and never went to a class and then dropped them the last day you could drop a class, so it doesn't show on your GPA. I assume the 2nd semester he enrolled again, but never even started that semester at PSU.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
  • Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah this is why I am not sure what is happening with Teasdale. Maybe he enrolled and never went to a class and then dropped them the last day you could drop a class, so it doesn't show on your GPA. I assume the 2nd semester he enrolled again, but never even started that semester at PSU.

To be on the team, wouldn't you have to be considered a full time student? Otherwise you could have HS students taking a week and practicing during spring with the football team to get more acclimated or things like that.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
To be on the team, wouldn't you have to be considered a full time student? Otherwise you could have HS students taking a week and practicing during spring with the football team to get more acclimated or things like that.

Yes, I think that is right.. But I think he was a full time student the 1st semester. Just not sure what his issue was. I have heard the rumors, but nothing official. But he left/got kicked off PSU mid 1st semester, which may have matched up with the drop class date. I am just speculating.

Seems like Iowa is bring in a lot of baggage transfers. Downey, Renteria, Desanto and now Teasdale. That can backfire.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yes, I think that is right.. But I think he was a full time student the 1st semester. Just not sure what his issue was. I have heard the rumors, but nothing official. But he left/got kicked off PSU mid 1st semester, which may have matched up with the drop class date. I am just speculating.

Seems like Iowa is bring in a lot of baggage transfers. Downey, Renteria, Desanto and now Teasdale. That can backfire.

Usually these type of recruits blow up on coaches and they end up having to reinvent themselves or find new places of employment.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Usually these type of recruits blow up on coaches and they end up having to reinvent themselves or find new places of employment.

All these guys are stuck, if they want to wrestle D1. There is not a clear spot for Renteria or Teasdale at Iowa to ever start, unless Turk and Happel transfer. Even then, Murin would be 141 next year with Lugo around yet

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
On another site a poster is claiming KD is landing a very highly regarded recruit from PA. Not sure if this is one and the same.
Not sure the context of the other thread, but could they simply be referring to Ryan Anderson?

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
Not sure the context of the other thread, but could they simply be referring to Ryan Anderson?
The message is buried in one of the Nationals threads on the Hawk board. There was no detail other than “highly” rated and from PA. They weren’t referring to Anderson though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The message is buried in one of the Nationals threads on the Hawk board. There was no detail other than “highly” rated and from PA. They weren’t referring to Anderson though.

Seem to forget about the hawks quite a bit in general conversation. Don't have the trolls going nuts and such. Used to post on CR, they had a wrestling room. It got totally over room by douchecanoes.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

Interesting...Well, let's hope they're right!

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
It was the poster TigerGuy over on HR (who seems to know his **** about ISU) - He was clearing some confusing about Ryan Anderson and then suggested Dresser was landing another huge recruit out of PA too. I'm at a lost of who it would be or what class.

Reactions: stuclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I can’t think of someone left in the 2019 (senior) class

Only one left in 2020 class is Beau Bartlett & I don’t think we are in on him. Unless someone is flipping their verbal, which could be possible

2021 (Sophomore) class, I have heard interest in Jagger Condomitti.

That is the very top level guy I have heard interest in