NFL: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I’m down 9pts with Burrow, Higgins and Davis playing. He has nobody left. 97% chance to win according to yahoo. $1000 to win. $300 for second. I’m probably going to get screwed in someplace very uncomfortable.
A gentleman would chop, but with that much money on the line, who knows.

Mine is a two-week championship. I'm currently up 22 pts in week 1 and Mixon was most likely going to increase that lead. Luckily no cash on the line, as it is just a family bragging rights league, so if it ultimately costs me, oh well.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I’m down 9pts with Burrow, Higgins and Davis playing. He has nobody left. 97% chance to win according to yahoo. $1000 to win. $300 for second. I’m probably going to get screwed in someplace very uncomfortable.

Thats tough.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I went into yesterday tied for the championship.
Not to be cold but I wonder what will happen to my fantasy football. It was our super bowl week and going into the game, I was tied in the championship. I had two players and he was done. My kicker(tyler bass) scored 3 points and my running back scored 1 (joe mixon), so I currently have a 4 point lead. So what now?
My 4 points got wiped out. The tiebreakers is potential points if we would have played our top players, so I'll lose by 6.

• Wow
Reactions: cstrunk

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I'm guessing that didn't work out the way JJ and Mike Evans played?
I'll have to wait for last night's game to finish but I somehow managed to beat#2after beating#1 last week. I'm up 35 with Burrow going while he has Higgins.
Scoring was low in our league this weekend.
Yup I got smoked..

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
The worst was when I lost in the Finals one year by 3.

I had Miles Sanders, he broke off an 80 yard TD run against Dallas with about 2 minutes left, but decided to fall down on purpose instead after about 40 yards so they could run the clock out.

I lost in the first round of one of my leagues this year by .02 points. I’ve got you all beat.

• Wow
Reactions: NoCreativity

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I lost in the first round of one of my leagues this year by .02 points. I’ve got you all beat.
ick.

I wrapped up a chip up last night. Even if they had played it out, I was good to go. Very good fortune this last two weeks. Given my terrible draft - I'll take it and run!

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
What is everyone's league doing now with the cancelled game? I was winning our championship game by 50 points, but my opponent had Josh Allen and Buffalo DST to play. I thought we were going to just use whatever ESPN does, but now we might allow points from this week for those 2 players to decide. $400 winner pot so I would obviously like to win.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
So I'm up 12 and my opponent just had McPherson left who is averaging like 7.5 points/game. He is the commish so he asked my opinion on what to do. Options were call it or let McPhersons points from this week count. I said it seems like the most fair thing to do is call it since it's kind of like if someone gets injured or something it just is what it is. Also more than likely he isn't scoring 13 points (think he'd done it twice all year). Felt weird having one player have a different matchup than originally scheduled. Obviously I might be a little biased so I was curious if others think my decision was fair? Also I hated being put in that position

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
What is everyone's league doing now with the cancelled game? I was winning our championship game by 50 points, but my opponent had Josh Allen and Buffalo DST to play. I thought we were going to just use whatever ESPN does, but now we might allow points from this week for those 2 players to decide. $400 winner pot so I would obviously like to win.
Luckily in my league the championship game was already decided. It only affected our 3rd place game and since Yahoo shows the games as final now, the guy who was ahead at the time is declared the 3rd place winner.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
In my opinion the most fair thing to do is look at avg points and your point differential and call it on that or just call the game with where the points were. Having a totally different matchup seems weird to me.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So I'm up 12 and my opponent just had McPherson left who is averaging like 7.5 points/game. He is the commish so he asked my opinion on what to do. Options were call it or let McPhersons points from this week count. I said it seems like the most fair thing to do is call it since it's kind of like if someone gets injured or something it just is what it is. Also more than likely he isn't scoring 13 points (think he'd done it twice all year). Felt weird having one player have a different matchup than originally scheduled. Obviously I might be a little biased so I was curious if others think my decision was fair? Also I hated being put in that position
Yeah, I think it's fair to just call the game. I guess in my league we've all been playing together for 15 years now so everyone knows **** happens and you just have to accept it.

We've had stuff where a guy has already selected his keeper then they tear their acl in preseason. We took a vote and it was 100% that it's unfortunate, but nothing you can do about it.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
We do a 2 week championship. I'm probably losing the 1.2 points Mixon had last Monday and probably around 15-20 had the game went conclusion. Opponent had no one going on Monday. Don't know if there is anything we can do about it since this week counts as well.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Yeah, I think it's fair to just call the game. I guess in my league we've all been playing together for 15 years now so everyone knows **** happens and you just have to accept it.

We've had stuff where a guy has already selected his keeper then they tear their acl in preseason. We took a vote and it was 100% that it's unfortunate, but nothing you can do about it.
Yeah I would feel less weird if it was friends. It's a work league and I'm on good terms with everyone but don't necessarily know them super well. Glad to hear my thinking isn't off though. I was trying to be as unbiased as possible. I think if I was up like 1 or 2 points I'd probably think differently and give him the win.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yeah I would feel less weird if it was friends. It's a work league and I'm on good terms with everyone but don't necessarily know them super well. Glad to hear my thinking isn't off though. I was trying to be as unbiased as possible. I think if I was up like 1 or 2 points I'd probably think differently and give him the win.
I didn't even make the playoffs so it doesn't effect me, but if our league voted I'd vote to just call the games where they stand.

To me it's the same as players getting injured, I've had multiple guys go out this year after a few plays so I ended up getting zero production from key spots. It's tough to win in that situation but it's just the breaks.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Our league decided to combine the payouts the champion and runner up would have got and split the total evenly calling them co-champions. Same thing with the 3rd place game they just split the 3rd place payout between the 2 teams in that game. Probably the most fair way to deal with it I think as there is no other scenario where everyone will wind up happy about it. Heard some suggestions about if they had a player on their bench at the same position of a player in the game that got then allow them to substitute that player in and use those points instead but in our league the owners of Allen and Lawrence were not carrying a backup QB at this point of the season. One team in the championship game had Allen and the Cincy kicker going that night and while he was down 40 points going in its not out the realm of possibility he could have overcome that with a big game from Allen and a couple FGs but he didn't have a backup QB or K on the roster so no fair way to really handle that. The other option I heard people float around is award some kind of average points total for those players either using their season average or based off the past 4 weeks or something but not sure how fair that would be either because you can get a big varience from week to week from any player based on the matchup.

Didn't affect me at all, I was the #1 seed and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs but still got my payout for winning the regular season and my highest points weeks bonuses. Most of us probably all play just for bragging rights or have very little money on the line (my league is a $25 buy in and pays out all $250 collected) so doing co-champs I am guessing is what most people wound up doing too.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
All my leagues stopped as is and counted the points from the game . I'm glad I had the win sewed up so there was no question really. He had Higgins but I had Burrow so he wasn't making up 30!
3/4 agreed to split as the one behind had Chase and could have caught up. Playing on this week would be less fair IMO.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Update, he scored 51 points with Allen and Buf DST and I lost. Dumb

• Dislike
Reactions: drmwevr08

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
We do a 2 week championship. I'm probably losing the 1.2 points Mixon had last Monday and probably around 15-20 had the game went conclusion. Opponent had no one going on Monday. Don't know if there is anything we can do about it since this week counts as well.
20 pt lead going into this weekend and held on for the win. Opponent gained about 13 pts on me since Hill got hurt, Steelers TE and Dallas K both dropped goose eggs. 2-week championships are kinda fun, but not when it includes week 18. Should have just started Purdy and I would have been +16 pts over the two weeks.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
The canceled game wiped out my starting WR (Diggs) and my opponent's kicker. I ended up losing by 4 points. FF can be a heartless ***** sometimes.

Reactions: NoCreativity

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Our league took the week 18 scores of the people who didn't play in the bills/bengals game from week 17 and added it to our week 17 scores. I wish they would have just split the money evenly between 1st and 2nd but oh well. I ended up getting 2nd but would have won without any of the scores from week 18.