**2022 NCAA Tourney Thread** (including play-ins)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was there a thread?

Or is the ISU one the tourney thread?

Only comment for the opening game is I hope this ultra orange NBA Jam style ball is the norm for 3 weeks.

Reactions: isutrevman

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
The game that just concluded is the argument against allowing all league champions to play in the field of 64. Neither of those teams were any good and they would both lose to KU or any other 1 seed by 25+. But, now Texas Southern gets to add another win in the tournament to their history. Having watched a number of games in the SWAC and Southland tourneys last week, there wasn't a lot of good basketball being played so it's entirely fair that those two leagues' champions, neither of which won the regular season title, got sent to Dayton.

• Agree
Reactions: bsaltyman

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The game that just concluded is the argument against allowing all league champions to play in the field of 64. Neither of those teams were any good and they would both lose to KU or any other 1 seed by 25+. But, now Texas Southern gets to add another win in the tournament to their history. Having watched a number of games in the SWAC and Southland tourneys last week, there wasn't a lot of good basketball being played so it's entirely fair that those two leagues' champions, neither of which won the regular season title, got sent to Dayton.

Who cares if they're bad. They may play out of their asses against KU and make it an exciting game (until KU pulls away in the end). That's part of the fun. It's entertainment after all.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This is not great basketball tonight. I can accept the 16/16 game since they deserve the opportunity with a conference title. But there is no reason these teams deserved an at large bid. They are God awful.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is not great basketball tonight. I can accept the 16/16 game since they deserve the opportunity with a conference title. But there is no reason these teams deserved an at large bid. They are God awful.

You have to admit that it’s a weird feeling game/spot to be in for the teams. I’ve never liked the play in games.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Indiana looks like absolute dog crap.

You're watching this game and the takeaway is that Indiana looks like crap? This Wyoming team might be the worst NCAA team I've seen in a long time. And that's including all the 16 seeds.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You're watching this game and the takeaway is that Indiana looks like crap? This Wyoming team might be the worst NCAA team I've seen in a long time. And that's including all the 16 seeds.
Agree. Next time Maldonado gets the ball my bet is he tries backing the guy down with the dribble...

Only move this team seems to have. Weird.