**2022 NCAA Tourney Thread** (including play-ins)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Still boggled that multiple analysts had Iowa to the Final Four. Sweet 16? Mayyybe (depending how much you trusted/didn't trust Providence). At least a reasonable possibility.

If you're motivated to take a stab at a 5 advancing to 3rd weekend, Houston seemed like a better darkhorse candidate.

I mean I get it. It was more about the path than anything, and I think mostly disrespect of Kansas and Providence.

#1 seed Kansas has flamed out early enough to get doubt. But still this is the biggest gripe against the analysts who picked Iowa.
#4 Providence was underrated by kenpom.
#2 and #3 auburn and wisconsin looked vulnerable and both indeed lost to double digit seeds.

It also seems like the analysts tended to look a lot more at analytics like kenpom instead of things like q1 wins that showed proven ability to get wins against tournament level teams.

Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I mean I get it. It was more about the path than anything, and I think mostly disrespect of Kansas and Providence.

#1 seed Kansas has flamed out early enough to get doubt. But still this is the biggest gripe against the analysts who picked Iowa.
#4 Providence was underrated by kenpom.
#2 and #3 auburn and wisconsin looked vulnerable and both indeed lost to double digit seeds.

It also seems like the analysts tended to look a lot more at analytics like kenpom instead of things like q1 wins that showed proven ability to get wins against tournament level teams.

Valid observations.

I realize my critique is easy to make in retrospect. Never know whether to trust Kansas as a 1, but I didn't trust Auburn at all to get out of that region (I did select Miami to S16). My thought was if KU got past first weekend, probably safe to F4.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I had forgotten they were even in
I don’t watch them unless they are playing us. The old Woody and the Gingers crew was more fun to watch. I did tune in for the closing seconds when it was clear they would lose, but still almost forgot they were in.

Reactions: isufbcurt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Someone needs to do a one shining moment montage when Texas and OU leave. It would be our parting gift. Fizers dunk against Texas and Lazards touchdown catch against OU would be at top my list for Iowa State. Kansas two point conversion. Pole would have to be included. It would be awesome.

ISU's go ahead drive in Austin '20 during ESPN's Ehlinger circle jerk is an all time great.

Reactions: Kinch

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Wish they'd gotten the moment he pointed and smiled at ISU.

Then when he cried in the tunnel afterward.
I hear ya. Davison is a dirty player. Since he's been pointed out to me I've been watching him play. The play where he ran George over, twice, and stepped on his ankle, others. I couldn't find the clip but one time he was on the L corner middle, Wisky had just gotten a defensive rebound I think, and Davison twisted and elbowed R then L to clear himself. He didn't even have the ball. I may have that wrong but it was dirty and bad BB.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Adida$

Cheating scum.

What did they do this year? Ho Hum. Wrist slap.
Not sure they did anything wrong this year or not. Probably did. No one will notice anyway. It is the Kansas way.

Still waiting on past transgressions
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20... Title Will Be Vacated Amid FBI Investigation
Kansas basketball, "pure as the wind driven snow".
Pure love is matchless in majesty; it has no parallel in power and there is no darkness it cannot dispel....Meher Baba
Pure cheating is matchless in majesty; it has no parallel in power and there is no darkness it cannot dispel....Kansas Basketball

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Kansas became the first team in the Kenpom era (2002-present) to win a national title after finishing the season NUMBER ONE in Adjusted Strength of Schedule. For those out there questioning Kansas' "easy path".
Nobody here gives a **** about Ku basketball.

And
"A special congrats to Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas State for their incredible accomplishments of co-Big 12 champions in 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2013.

Better?"
randomfan44

Now I feel better.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Since 2001 when the Recruiting Services Consensus Index (RSCI) service began, no national champion has ever had less than 4 Top 100 players in its rotation.

Kansas won despite having just two this year in McCormack at #30 and Wilson at #51.

• Dumb
Reactions: mynameisjonas

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Since 2001 when the Recruiting Services Consensus Index (RSCI) service began, no national champion has ever had less than 4 Top 100 players in its rotation.

Kansas won despite having just two this year in McCormack at #30 and Wilson at #51.
This is a remarkable achievement!

JK

F&ck Kansas and f&ck you.

Last edited: