**2022 NCAA Tourney Thread** (including play-ins)

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
It's such a crappy song, tho....

I want to know how they ever signed off on that being the song to celebrate and sum up the NCAA tournament every year. What were the other options? Did it came down to "The Wheels on the Bus" "One Shining Moment" and "The Reading Rainbow theme" and they were like "Well, I guess we should choose the one that's about basketball, at least"
Luther Vandross is soulfully rolling in this grave, which is quite the contradiction, if you think about it.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It's such a crappy song, tho....

I want to know how they ever signed off on that being the song to celebrate and sum up the NCAA tournament every year. What were the other options? Did it came down to "The Wheels on the Bus" "One Shining Moment" and "The Reading Rainbow theme" and they were like "Well, I guess we should choose the one that's about basketball, at least"

I can acknowledge it's probably not a great song, while at the same time being a total sucker for it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I can't believe the LSU player's block on Brockington didn't make "One Shining Moment". That was an incredible play.

Incredibly effort but a blatant missed foul call. Maybe that's why they didn't use it.

I thought Tre and Davison diving for the loose ball in the Wisconsin game would be a good clip.

When the mics literally pick up the wrist slap, that’s not an incredible block, but an obvious foul the refs swallowed their whistles on.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Suck it, Eric Church!
I switched channels after the final buzzer. Did they ever show country bro doosh crying or surrender cobra? Might be small consolation for people who lost money on plane tickets or something.

Reactions: GTO

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I can acknowledge it's probably not a great song, while at the same time being a total sucker for it.
It doesn't have to be a great song. At this point, it's not about the song. "The ball is tipped..." Makes me tear up nearly every year, especially this one given how our last couple seasons went and how amazing of a turnaround we had.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It doesn't have to be a great song. At this point, it's not about the song. "The ball is tipped..." Makes me tear up nearly every year, especially this one given how our last couple seasons went and how amazing of a turnaround we had.
Yeah it’s sort of like The Star Spangled Banner isn’t a great song but it isn’t getting replaced

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

This. It has some fitting background music. After the lyrics you quoted, I don't even notice the lyrics. There are shiny pictures catching my attention.
I really liked this one until the ending, but the ending isn't their fault.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Damn near could've been 3 or 4 if Tech had finished the deal in 2019 and if the 2020 tournament had happened since KU and Baylor were both projected 1 seeds, good chance one of them at least makes the title game.
And went 17-1 and Baylor 15-3 in the Big 12 which was pretty amazing

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Someone needs to do a one shining moment montage when Texas and OU leave. It would be our parting gift. Fizers dunk against Texas and Lazards touchdown catch against OU would be at top my list for Iowa State. Kansas two point conversion. Pole would have to be included. It would be awesome.

Reactions: t-noah

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Never forget the year they’re thinking final 4 and Richmond crashes their party.
Still boggled that multiple analysts had Iowa to the Final Four. Sweet 16? Mayyybe (depending how much you trusted/didn't trust Providence). At least a reasonable possibility.

If you're motivated to take a stab at a 5 advancing to 3rd weekend, Houston seemed like a better darkhorse candidate.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic