**2022 NCAA Tourney Thread** (including play-ins)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Reader's Digest version?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
And I think I spied Iowa getting dunked on by the Spiders, too. Pretty much a perfect One Shining Moment.
It's such a crappy song, tho....

I want to know how they ever signed off on that being the song to celebrate and sum up the NCAA tournament every year. What were the other options? Did it came down to "The Wheels on the Bus" "One Shining Moment" and "The Reading Rainbow theme" and they were like "Well, I guess we should choose the one that's about basketball, at least"

• Disagree
Reactions: ISUChippewa

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

I want to know how they ever signed off on that being the song to celebrate and sum up the NCAA tournament every year. What were the other options? Did it came down to "The Wheels on the Bus" "One Shining Moment" and "The Reading Rainbow theme" and they were like "Well, I guess we should choose the one that's about basketball, at least"

Sacrilege! Nay...blasphemy!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Hot take alert!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Just think...it could have been the Super Bowl highlight track instead:

With CBS executive Doug Towey showing immediate interest, the track was initially due to be deployed over a highlights package for the 1987 Super Bowl, but when postgame interviews went long, the segment was never used. Instead, it was repurposed for that year’s NCAA Tournament and first played minutes after Keith Smart’s game-clinching jumper helped Indiana beat Syracuse.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I can't believe the LSU player's block on Brockington didn't make "One Shining Moment". That was an incredible play.