*** 2023-2024 College Football Survivor Week 1 ***

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I know I'm 2 weeks early but pumped to get this contest up and going and since you have to be in at the start no one can say I didn't have time to get in on this. This year Week 1 will include games from Aug. 26 through Sept. 4. There are 6 FBS teams who play 2 games against FBS competition but I think the only one people would pick among those is USC so if you take USC you can earn an extra tiebreaker point.

Tiebreaker points return this year. A reminder regarding tiebreaker points: If your team wins and covers you gain an extra bonus point. If you take a undefeated team who is the underdog you gain the point for them covering plus another bonus point. As the season goes on the number of teams undefeated being a underdog greatly diminish so take advantage while you can.

I will be using ESPN's Lines. Line will be the line at kickoff for tiebreaker points

I also thought this year about a reward for top finisher other than bragging rights. Since this is a contest on Cyclone Fanatic I like the idea of the reward going back to helping ISU athletics. For the top 3 CYCLONE Fan finishers (Hawks fans are as always are welcome to play but this is a contest on a Cyclone fan board) I will donate $50, $25 and $10 to @brentblum and We Will on your behalf. You will just have to pm me with where you want the money to go i.e. general fund or to a specific sport.

Rules/How to Play if you are new:
  1. Pick a team you think will win that weeks game. Pick only 1 team per week.
  2. Don't pm me the pick, post on here your pick.
  3. You can only pick that team ONCE the entire time you are in the game.
  4. The goal is to advance and be the last person standing.
  5. Only games that have a FBS school facing another FBS school are eligible to be picked.
  6. You have up until the start time of the game you picked to switch.
  7. If your team loses, you are out for the competition.
  8. If you skip a week of picks, you are out.
  9. You can switch as many times up until the game you have picked officially starts.
  10. If you have questions, pm me
  11. Post 2 of the thread will have the possible games you can pick.
  12. Post 3 will have each player and their previous week's picks.
  13. You can only pick teams that are undefeated (they will be bolded).
  14. You can't join in during the middle of the season.
    Please include prior weeks picks with your pick for the week.
Have any questions, pm me or ask in the thread. Thanks!
If I make top-3 I will match your donations @CycloneRulzzz

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Kind of hoping the people that didn't specify which Miami lose on a technicality.

Jk, but it would be funny.