2023-2024 Recruits & Transfers

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Hands down Davison and Truax are 1a & 1b. I expect MJ to be a contender for AA next year so not a major upgrade with Griffith. Totally agree we are set with the 3 125-poonders as Cabanban is planning to return. Whoever gets the spot should be a solid AA candidate.
If Sugar Shane would go 174 he should be #1 on the wish list no questions asked.

Truax would be CLOSE #2.

Davison is good and would love it, but these other 2 are way better. They can score way more points than a 6-8th placing AA.

Also, I really like MJ but expectations of contending for AA next year are not realistic IMO

Reactions: 4theheckofit

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
If Sugar Shane would go 174 he should be #1 on the wish list no questions asked.

Truax would be CLOSE #2.

Davison is good and would love it, but these other 2 are way better. They can score way more points than a 6-8th placing AA.

Also, I really like MJ but expectations of contending for AA next year are not realistic IMO
The one thing about MJ at nationals is he’s a pinner. Potential to get bonus points. I agree AA probably isn’t realistic, but with a summer training with David and putting on the weight he could be dangerous next year

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
The one thing about MJ at nationals is he’s a pinner. Potential to get bonus points. I agree AA probably isn’t realistic, but with a summer training with David and putting on the weight he could be dangerous next year
Oddly enough I watched MJ’s super 32 match with Levi Haines recently and that probably gave me unrealistic expectations for him next year too.

Reactions: stuclone

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
A name I'd like to add to the list of potential gets, Cooper Hilton is a sophomore out of Tennessee, he came up and competed in the Last Chance Open back in February and pinned Adrien Meza for 3rd. Hilton will be a name to watch in the U17 60kg weight this upcoming US Open

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

cywr89

May 14, 2009
A name I'd like to add to the list of potential gets, Cooper Hilton is a sophomore out of Tennessee, he came up and competed in the Last Chance Open back in February and pinned Adrien Meza for 3rd. Hilton will be a name to watch in the U17 60kg weight this upcoming US Open
He will be a 24-25 prospect. He just beat Jax Forrest this past weekend.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
A lot happening today.

Michael Deaugustino and Aaron Nagao are both in the transfer portal. Sounds like Nagao will be hard to steal from PSU, he's entering the portal to go on a visit there. Deaugustino is part of the northwestern exodus.

• Informative
Reactions: jkbuff98

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
A lot happening today.

Michael Deaugustino and Aaron Nagao are both in the transfer portal. Sounds like Nagao will be hard to steal from PSU, he's entering the portal to go on a visit there. Deaugustino is part of the northwestern exodus.
Have to think NW’s coach is getting hired somewhere. Edit: maybe not with Davison heading to Michigan.

Cael must have liked what he saw when Nagao wrestled RBY.

The rich get richer.

• Agree

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I definitely think its possible he AA's. He was #14 on Willies P4P, the track record for that high of level of recruit is pretty dang good. This year he was essentially wrestling up a weight, with some time to build to 174 I am optimistic.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Have to think NW’s coach is getting hired somewhere. Edit: maybe not with Davison heading to Michigan.

Cael must have liked what he saw when Nagao wrestled RBY.

The rich get richer.
Rumors that he has/is interviewing at OU, along with Rob Koll from Stanford and Damion Hahn from South Dakota State. Selfishly it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if SDSU wasn't so strong, they've done a nice job with Iowa HS kids that could've been Cyclones. But I do also kindof think it would be a bad thing for wrestling, its good for the big 12 and for wrestling when teams like SDSU and UNI are strong with great coaches like Schwab and Hahn.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Rumors that he has/is interviewing at OU, along with Rob Koll from Stanford and Damion Hahn from South Dakota State. Selfishly it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if SDSU wasn't so strong, they've done a nice job with Iowa HS kids that could've been Cyclones. But I do also kindof think it would be a bad thing for wrestling, its good for the big 12 and for wrestling when teams like SDSU and UNI are strong with great coaches like Schwab and Hahn.
SDSU also just built an awesome facility. Probably won’t hurt their chances of sustaining good teams.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Koll is where my money is at for that job

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
You should take that job….
That program is a mess. Lou is an example of a guy who should be a career assistant and not ever a head coach. Big 12 tournament showed that. They ran Cody off because he purged the program of the bad actors and they haven't recovered yet.

If they can land Koll, he will be a home run there.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That program is a mess. Lou is an example of a guy who should be a career assistant and not ever a head coach. Big 12 tournament showed that. They ran Cody off because he purged the program of the bad actors and they haven't recovered yet.

If they can land Koll, he will be a home run there.
They should have enough money to make it an attractive job.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron