***2023-24 College Football Thread***

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I can’t wait to read “XXXX School and XXXX School have filed a federal lawsuit against the NCAA that challenges the rule that players must enroll in classes to be eligible.” LMAO

Reactions: KidSilverhair

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Talking to my Arizona fanatic neighbor, seems like a nightmare they are going through with assistants, huge amount of players and even administrators all being lured to Washington or recruiting people to come with them while they are still there. Won’t be shocked if there’s some legal action,

Makes me wonder if all 16 shouldn’t just triple down on basketball while we are miles better than any other conference.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Ohio State didn't like that Michigan title it appears. Their donors have opened up the bank this portal season and 2025 recruiting season.

• Sad
Reactions: 2020cy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That is what got Paul in trouble against K-State. Remember... could have knelt and punted and left them like 17 seconds, but chose to run and fumbled. We know how that turned out.

It turned out that we got Campbell, so hindsight is that was a great move

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Everybody keeps telling me that the next step is the end of college athletics. Yet more people than ever are watching.

Should have just let northwestern unionize.
Nah this board thinks NIL and the transfer are somehow the end which has always been wrong. It’s just moving under the table stuff to the front.

Making students employees would actually kill college sports.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Rules without enforcement become more guidelines than actual rules.
Which is why the big ten and SEC formed this group since the NCAA can’t manage things. The top schools are starting to feel the effects of this to a huge degree which is going to be the real push for change.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Nah this board thinks NIL and the transfer are somehow the end which has always been wrong.

What? Link? Who here actually thinks this is the end? The guys who host a pod in here, one of whom runs the NIL collective for Iowa State, says the current state of things will only last a few years at most.