NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lakers just gave up as soon as Denver tied it in the 3rd quarter. I feel bad for AD, he's the only reason they've been competitive but everyone is acting like lebron is carrying them. It'll be interesting to see what heads roll after Lebron starts pointing fingers.

AD has the #4 PER of all time. There are games he’s unstoppable and others he somehow doesn’t impose himself.

Jokic just barely pushed in front of Jordan and LeBron is #3. Pretty elite company.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Felt like Cavs didn’t score for ten minutes in third

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Suns especially used to be young and deep. Now they are old and have no bench.
Denver, okc, Minnesota will be the teams to beat for a while, although I’m not sure on Minnesota’s contract situations.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Clippers and Suns in real trouble going forward in years to come. Just not in a position to be a real threat at all.

Have the Clippers ever been in a position to be a real threat? And I get that the Suns have had some good teams the last few years, but being honest, have they been an actual threat since Charles Barkley was on the team?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Have the Clippers ever been in a position to be a real threat? And I get that the Suns have had some good teams the last few years, but being honest, have they been an actual threat since Charles Barkley was on the team?

In the 80s, 90s and early 00s the Clippers were just bad. Then mid 00s until now they started becoming this random assortment of high profile free agents who often looked good on paper but never delivered. They’re about the only franchise that I never think of as having any sort of identity in any era. Even most bad franchises have a brief fun moment where I remember liking their style of play, not really the clippers, at least my thoughts.

The Suns with Nash, while they didn’t play much defense, did in my opinion have a championship stolen from them by incredibly bizarre overly rigid interpretation of rules that had stemmed from recent “malice in the Palace”. The Spurs were the dirty team and instigators in the entire controversy that should have been punished yet the discipline handed down rewarded them and hurt the Suns. If it was actually having to be that strict Tim Duncan should have even been suspended…league played favorites with the most stupid suspension rulings ever. The suspended Suns didn’t do anything different than what Duncan did and somehow it was fine for Duncan. Horry was the only player who should have been suspended because he was entirely responsible and did the whole thing on purpose.

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
In the 80s, 90s and early 00s the Clippers were just bad. Then mid 00s until now they started becoming this random assortment of high profile free agents who often looked good on paper but never delivered. They’re about the only franchise that I never think of as having any sort of identity in any era. Even most bad franchises have a brief fun moment where I remember liking their style of play, not really the clippers, at least my thoughts.

The Suns with Nash, while they didn’t play much defense, did in my opinion have a championship stolen from them by incredibly bizarre overly rigid interpretation of rules that had stemmed from recent “malice in the Palace”. The Spurs were the dirty team and instigators in the entire controversy that should have been punished yet the discipline handed down rewarded them and hurt the Suns. If it was actually having to be that strict Tim Duncan should have even been suspended…league played favorites with the most stupid suspension rulings ever. The suspended Suns didn’t do anything different than what Duncan did and somehow it was fine for Duncan. Horry was the only player who should have been suspended because he was entirely responsible and did the whole thing on purpose.
Those lob city Clippers teams were pretty fun for a few years.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Those lob city Clippers teams were pretty fun for a few years.

To me they always just seem like a collection of free agents.

I’ve never tried to go to a Clippers game but they’re pretty invisible here in LA. I might some day but probably to see some other team I like or Halliburton and cheaper than Lakers tickets. The only local teams that are kind of truly “the team” with people wearing gear around town and gettin excited are Dodgers, Lakers and USC fb. For whatever reason I never liked either LA team so it’s weird since I’m an nba fan here for 11 years now.

Feels like the NBA would be better off if Clippers were in another market and renamed. They are getting a new arena/stadium to themselves which may help but it’s not it’s geographically that far from Staples/Crypto. I’m not a huge fan of the Staples/Crypto area so it won’t suprise me if it’s more fun to see a game at the new spot. It is just slightly closer for Anaheim/OC area fans.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Feel terrible for Georges. He's been Ice Cold for a while now. 17 minutes, 2 points. His over/under on 3pt makes was 0.5. He's only made 1 three all series, I believe.
Love the guy, but he really hasn't been good in the playoffs throughout his career.

• Agree
Reactions: Dgilbertson

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Lakers again have a double digit lead. In other words Denver has them right where they want them lol.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lakers again have a double digit lead. In other words Denver has them right where they want them lol.

Feel like it will come down to final minutes but LA will get one today.

It's hard to understand the Lakers. AD's #s have been elite. LeBron's #s have been great. Yet the rest of the squad somehow just doesn't click. Not saying beating Denver is some easy thing, but the combined production of AD/LeBron is pretty rare for two players. It's like 60 points, 25 rebounds and 15 assists a game. That's not a lot of lifting the rest need to do. High fg% for both of them too.