NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This Mavs/clippers game has been wild. LA was up 25 in the first. Kyrie just taking over.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Speaking of Clippers a series on Hulu regarding the Don Sterling saga. Ed O'Neil as Sterling, Laurence Fishburne as Doc Rivers.

Reactions: CloneIce

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Everyone in starting lineup except Conley signed for next 2 years and Towns Edwards and Mcdaniels are signed for next 4.

Reactions: NENick

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Man how things can change. Couple years ago Suns in the NBA finals and now getting swept out of the playoffs by Minnesota.

It's just interesting to me how the tides change in the NBA. For a while we saw these super teams, and now you are seeing them not work. The trend now seems to be trying to find a young superstar and surrounding him with solid complimentary pieces. I love it because it's working in the small markets (Indy, OKC, Minnesota). But it's really what the Knicks have done as well with Brunson.

The formula seems to be have one star, one really good backup option and surround them with solid roleplayers (Shai/Chet; Hali/Siakam; Edwards/Towns). I'll be honest, it's a way better product than watching these old dudes team up.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Man how things can change. Couple years ago Suns in the NBA finals and now getting swept out of the playoffs by Minnesota.
The MN Timberwolves started in the 1989-1990 season. In those 34 years, they have now won three total playoff series. The other two occurred in the same season: the 2004 playoffs that featured KG, Cassell. and Sprewell.

It's hard to fathom just how horrific this program has been since it's existence. They have the depth this year to make a deep run. But they will have a very difficult matchup vs Denver in the next round.

• Wow
Reactions: DSMCy

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Lakers get the kind of ref assist only the Lakers historically get but Jokic Murray combo just too good.
I have no dog in the fight, but the better team won the series. The Lakers have some tough decisions to make as a franchise.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I have no dog in the fight, but the better team won the series. The Lakers have some tough decisions to make as a franchise.
I generally like the replay evolution and it’s way better than college, but that has to be a foul.

They called it a foul. Replay showed AD foul him three times, then a block, then foul him on the face again after the block. You can’t ignore the four fouls and call it a block when the original call is a foul.