NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

Fall Creek

Oct 28, 2023
This Den / Minn game has been incredible so far. This is the round where the playoffs get fun.
Agree, ANT looks like the next great wing/guard to lead the league. Kind of a mix of Wade/Jordan/Lebron. Not the greatest 3pt shooter, but just an amazing athlete for his size and a crazy competitor. Maybe the most competitive player since Kobe.

• Agree
Reactions: ABECyguy

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Agree, ANT looks like the next great wing/guard to lead the league. Kind of a mix of Wade/Jordan/Lebron. Not the greatest 3pt shooter, but just an amazing athlete for his size and a crazy competitor. Maybe the most competitive player since Kobe.

It’s crazy with all of this young talent on small market teams right now between Minn, OKC, and NO. Wonder how long it’ll be before the NBA wants to get these guys to move to the big markets.

Fall Creek

Oct 28, 2023
It’s crazy with all of this young talent on small market teams right now between Minn, OKC, and NO. Wonder how long it’ll be before the NBA wants to get these guys to move to the big markets.
Probably this offseason, a simple trade of Kawhi for ANT and Paul George for SGA makes total sense.

• Haha
Reactions: drmwevr08

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
At 5:12 mark Minny was up 18-4 and in that 5:12 Denver went on a 21-5 run to take a 25-23 lead after 1 that ****ing nuts.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Ant is locked up with MN for 5 more years. Obviously guys can force their way out, but as long as they keep a good roster around him he will be fine.

He’s become a hell of a defender too. I have to say I thought the Gobert trade was dumb, but they are SO much better on D with him.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Cavs advance but pretty rough series for our favorite Cav. Tall order for them next with Celtics and why I thought Tyrese was in such a better spot with the 6 seed, that Indy/NYN series is closer to a coin toss imho. Hopefully Cavs can at least win a couple games.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Ant is locked up with MN for 5 more years. Obviously guys can force their way out, but as long as they keep a good roster around him he will be fine.

He’s become a hell of a defender too. I have to say I thought the Gobert trade was dumb, but they are SO much better on D with him.

He's definitely the best player we've seen in the MJ/Kobe/Wade player type since those three, I wouldn't throw pre-injury Rose in there because not quite the same type of player. I'd probably already put him as similar or better effectiveness as prime Wade, just needing experience that he's getting now.

He does it all like you said, I agree with Reggie Miller during the boradcast that if you really stress "2 way player" he may be the best player in the NBA because Jokic and Luka aren't fantastic on defense outside of rebounding. That's what made those three guys I listed and LBJ so valuable is they could lock down anybody when needed. He certainly has a very good case for best American born player.

I think Kerr was really dumb for playing Brunson and Edwards together in the world championship instead of Tyrese and Edwards. Edwards was pretty clearly the most unstoppable player in the whole tournament and he paired him with guy who can be a ball hog. Tyrese and Edwards barely played together at all the way he platooned them.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Cavs advance but pretty rough series for our favorite Cav. Tall order for them next with Celtics and why I thought Tyrese was in such a better spot with the 6 seed, that Indy/NYN series is closer to a coin toss imho. Hopefully Cavs can at least win a couple games.
Outside of Niang, the Magic would have been a more interesting matchup for me.

A young, up-and-coming team in Orlando playing David versus Goliath Boston. Instead of the Cavs who are a team of disparate pieces that will be blown up next year likely. I’m calling a gentleman’s sweep

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We better wake up! We’re not playing the Lakers anymore

Have you always been Nuggets fan? I started listening to most of the games on xm radio on an awful commute when they drafted Monte and just kept on following them even after Monte was traded and I no longer had the commute. I knew who Jokic was when Monte got drafted by them but actually following them I was pretty early to the "this guy might be the greatest player in the world" thought that everybody caught up to. They had such insane injury problems a few of those years or it would have been interesting seeing how far they could have gone healthy.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What do guys like Morris and Niang need to do to earn more pt on their respective teams? If this was college basketball, we'd all be speculating about their odds to be in the portal after the season

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He's definitely the best player we've seen in the MJ/Kobe/Wade player type since those three, I wouldn't throw pre-injury Rose in there because not quite the same type of player. I'd probably already put him as similar or better effectiveness as prime Wade, just needing experience that he's getting now.

He does it all like you said, I agree with Reggie Miller during the boradcast that if you really stress "2 way player" he may be the best player in the NBA because Jokic and Luka aren't fantastic on defense outside of rebounding. That's what made those three guys I listed and LBJ so valuable is they could lock down anybody when needed. He certainly has a very good case for best American born player.

I think Kerr was really dumb for playing Brunson and Edwards together in the world championship instead of Tyrese and Edwards. Edwards was pretty clearly the most unstoppable player in the whole tournament and he paired him with guy who can be a ball hog. Tyrese and Edwards barely played together at all the way he platooned them.
D Rose is different but up there in a similar way as those guys as a guy that took SO much pressure off the rest of the offense and created havoc on D.

As someone that bought the first T wolves starter jacket, I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. Even in the best run of the KG era the window seemed small with big roles from old rentals Cassell and Sprewell.

KAT isn’t a great defender, but he is getting after it in that end. Conley has always been a guy I liked in the league, and he’s made a big difference. But AE makes everybody’s job a lot easier.