NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
If you were a Cavs fan how would you feel about LeBron sitting court side at Cleveland for a playoff game? A whole lot on both sides of that coin.
He won them a title and he grew up 45 min away so basically local. Also has been around long enough we are closer to his swan song/last ride than the taking my talents to South Beach. Time smooths that over.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He won them a title and he grew up 45 min away so basically local. Also has been around long enough we are closer to his swan song/last ride than the taking my talents to South Beach. Time smooths that over.

I think it's different since he came back and got a championship in really historic fashion, if he hadn't done that...it might be over the top awkward even though he's from there. Not of it is really fair to him because it's really just luck his hometown had the #1 pick that year.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
The city of Cleveland has had about the worst luck with their professional teams of any city outside of Minnesota (Elway last drive comeback in AFC championship, Jordan over Mark Price, Indians losing to the Cubs and giving them their first World Series in 100 years).

They should (and probably do) appreciate anyone who has brought them a title. Even if it was done by someone who they have a complicated relationship with.

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
The city of Cleveland has had about the worst luck with their professional teams of any city outside of Minnesota (Elway last drive comeback in AFC championship, Jordan over Mark Price, Indians losing to the Cubs and giving them their first World Series in 100 years).

They should (and probably do) appreciate anyone who has brought them a title. Even if it was done by someone who they have a complicated relationship with.
Complicated is probably the right word but kind of crazy if you think about it. The guy was anointed as a 16 year old to be one of the greats. Then he went out and lived up to it. The GOAT debate is a different subject but to say he is statistically one of the greatest to play is not even debatable. And he did it with the largest controversy being switching teams. I think he is getting to the career stage where a lot of people are starting to realize he has been very good for a long time and are showing some appreciation.

Or do you think he showed up there because Cleveland is going to draft Bronny and he is starting to write the storybook finish to his career?

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Complicated is probably the right word but kind of crazy if you think about it. The guy was anointed as a 16 year old to be one of the greats. Then he went out and lived up to it. The GOAT debate is a different subject but to say he is statistically one of the greatest to play is not even debatable. And he did it with the largest controversy being switching teams. I think he is getting to the career stage where a lot of people are starting to realize he has been very good for a long time and are showing some appreciation.

Or do you think he showed up there because Cleveland is going to draft Bronny and he is starting to write the storybook finish to his career?
No. I think LA will draft Bronny. I think LeBron showed up because he will always have a soft spot for Cleveland.

Kind of like when Monte showed up to a Nuggets playoff game last year in Miami to support his former team. Although his relationship with Denver isn’t complicated, he’s universally loved.

Reactions: NWICY

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Lol. Jumped back into this thread on the day MN beat up Denver to go 2-0. Didn't read all 5 or 6 pages since but safe to say most didn't age well.
MN could well get right and win but the shots at Denver and the annointment were a bit premature.

Reactions: cyfanatic

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Halliburton passes up up a lot of shots when they struggle. When they are struggling I would like to see him take control.

Also, I don’t know why but I can’t stand the knicks devendoucho guy

• Agree
Reactions: SolterraCyclone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Couldn't disagree more with SVG's take. I can see playing guys lots of minutes if it's a close game, but if game is decided playing your stars is just asking for an injury to happen.

Does everyone like SVG not remember the D Rose example?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Never seen a 7 footer drop a perfect dime after being screened for on the pick and roll. He seems to be on a mission the last 3 games, idk if it was everyone counting them out or so much vocal support for others in the mvp race but he's been different. Just making a 4 time dpoy look like a folding chair.