NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
That full court pass from Jokic.

Very casually just finds Murray and gives him a perfect one handed full court pass before Minnesota can react.

Reactions: legi

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
That full court pass from Jokic.

Very casually just finds Murray and gives him a perfect one handed full court pass before Minnesota can react.
His vision is unreal and when you package it as a disinterested seven footer it makes for fascinating television. I’m starting the theory that he is an experiment by Adam Silver to create discussion and viewers.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That hook shot and the footwork from Joker was insaaaaane, it almost hit the top edge of the glass.

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
I feel like I never see Jokic miss a shot or make a bad decision. It's crazy

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
I feel like I never see Jokic miss a shot or make a bad decision. It's crazy
I don’t know how you would measure but he has to be one of the smartest players game-wise the league has.

I also think the “Joker does nothing but drink beer and race horses” in the offseason is false as hell. This dude has more dunks in the playoffs this year than he had last season. He is doing work and Adam Silver is manipulating the narrative.

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
I don’t know how you would measure but he has to be one of the smartest players game-wise the league has.

I also think the “Joker does nothing but drink beer and race horses” in the offseason is false as hell. This dude has more dunks in the playoffs this year than he had last season. He is doing work and Adam Silver is manipulating the narrative.
Interesting that Luka has (had?) a similar narrative. It's dumb to think these guys aren't putting in the work though

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
NBA is an entertainment league but watching a fat old white dude take a picture of the players inbounding instead of seeing, you know coaches or players on the sideline behind the inbound play is weird.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
He could find a backup role but with way more minutes. He was mainly a starter for Denver because he and joker were the only players who could stay healthy. He looks physically bigger this year.
Monte has had a solid career, but his ceiling has always been to be the best back-up pg in the league. His starter year was when Murray went down for the season. I so wish he could've stayed with the Nuggets. He'd be getting good minutes this postseason.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Someone I was watching the game with mentioned this and I couldn’t agree more.

Jokic is literally the antithesis of Embiid. Couldn’t care less about individual accolades, never gets hurt, doesn’t get calls (relative to Embiid), and absolutely dominates when his team needs him the most.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Jokic is literally the antithesis of Embiid. Couldn’t care less about individual accolades, never gets hurt, doesn’t get calls (relative to Embiid), and absolutely dominates when his team needs him the most.
He also is always playing hard, Embiid takes every 4th or 5 th possession off. He walks more than he runs.

They are the same size but Joker is much more athletic and much better conditioned.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

The best player doesn’t always get mvp every single season so it doesn’t bother me but this should be four straight. You could almost double MJ and LBJ mvps if the truly best player always won it.

Joker is a better player than so many legends that people would find hard to accept. MJ and LeBron are the only two I think are clearly better and on a per game or per season basis he is right there. Career PER as of today is Joker, MJ, LeBron in that order. Anthony Davis is fourth so it’s flawed but still interesting.

In terms of legendary players I actually watched Hakeem is probably the all time legend (that I’m a huge fan of) I think he’s passed. Yeah Hakeem was legendary on defense but in some ways I think Jokic is the best complete offensive player. The other two are Magic and Bird, he actually does a lot of the same things those two did but puts up more prolific numbers. I think Hakeem and MJ supporting cast tend to be overrated but Magic/Bird had the loaded teams of their eras.

The gigantic question with Joker is how long he wants to play. Some things he says point to a shorter career, certainly not playing into his 40s like LeBron. Last night he seemed to be at his best ever in terms of athleticism. Mike Malone seems like a great fit as coach which is also something to consider, I think a big “what if” of sports is if LeBron could have had that one coach or even a longer run with Spoelstra, it’s certainly been a lakers years issue.