2023 Cyclone Volleyball

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Kind of hard to fathom that the 4th place team ends up with just one player (Gonzalez) with all conference recognition while the other NCAA tourney teams have multiple players getting recognized. You would think that Brandt and Hopp would have been included:

Last edited:

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
Kind of hard to fathom that the 4th place team ends up with just one player (Gonzalez) with all conference recognition while the other NCAA tourney teams have multiple players getting recognized. You would think that Brandt and Hopp would have been included:
And Stonestreet…

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
IMG_4929.jpeg
All of a sudden, we’re thin in the middle. 3 seems like a lot of transfers, but you can understand why all of them would be looking for something else.

Reactions: NWICY

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
This is the one I expected. I wonder if Alexis is staying for the extra year?
I won't speculate on how promising our incoming class or transfers will be. But we will be thin in positions without some experienced talent arriving. Hope the transfers(?) arriving are more of a blessing than a porta-potty.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
I won't speculate on how promising our incoming class or transfers will be. But we will be thin in positions without some experienced talent arriving. Hope the transfers(?) arriving are more of a blessing than a porta-potty.
We need to pick up a MB and setter. Another pin would also be helpful.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Dang. I wonder if she’s looking for a specific grad school program. She was so clutch this year and would’ve loved to have her back.
This is a bummer. I thought she could have been all-conference this past season and she will be coveted by some of the top programs in need of a MB depending on whether her priority is academics or contributing to a top shelf program.

Not surprised by Perry and Heidemann being in the portal given their circumstances.

And with this news, one would assume that CJL has an immediate MB contributor already in mind to backfill Hopp or will have to vigorously recruit a replacement from the portal. This is assuming Englebrecht is not returning and Pearson is not being counted on to be an immediate high end contributor as a true frosh (and she might be).

Last edited:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
We need to pick up a MB and setter. Another pin would also be helpful.
Both of those positions have 2024 signees. I doubt a 3rd setter will be added to the roster but certainly a MB or OH could be added from the portal.

Will be interesting to see if Hayden Kubik from Valley West DSM is in the portal after NU completes their season this weekend. She has played in only 9 sets this season as a Soph and it would appear her path to future PT is not exactly open. She is listed as an OH but either her or Wachholz could be moved to MB if she has any interest in ISU as a potential transfer destination.

Also will be interesting to track the interest in Hopp. I think she will have some very good options to choose from. I wonder if both CUs (Colorado and Creighton) will be in play given her hometown location.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Both of those positions have 2024 signees. I doubt a 3rd setter will be added to the roster but certainly a MB or OH could be added from the portal.

Will be interesting to see if Hayden Kubik from Valley West DSM is in the portal after NU completes their season this weekend. She has played in only 9 sets this season as a Soph and it would appear her path to future PT is not exactly open. She is listed as an OH but either her or Wachholz could be moved to MB if she has any interest in ISU as a potential transfer destination.

Also will be interesting to track the interest in Hopp. I think she will have some very good options to choose from. I wonder if both CUs (Colorado and Creighton) will be in play given her hometown location.
Kubik has to move if she ever wants to play. She was never going to play at Nebraska IMO even without all the FR they have now. Maybe she wanted to hang out with her sister for a year then see? Watched her play club and I never saw what all the fuss was about? Our club team beat her club team with Daufeldt (I thought was better) who went to Drake.

Hopp no idea where she might land but her options should be good.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Grad transfer from Drake who graduated from Nevada HS. Had good MB numbers on a Drake team that finished 2nd in the MVC. She finished 2nd for Blocks/Set in the MVC. Not sure if CJL is interested in one year Grad Transfers but if she is, she might be a possibility to fill the MB experience gap on next season's roster: