2023 Cyclone Volleyball

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Women deserve lots of praise with this win. They truly gutted this one out. After losing the first two sets, UC started set 3 strong; not the start our women wanted. But they dug down and found a way to win 3 straight. My hat's off to them today.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Honest question- does it seem like we have an inordinate number of injuries for a non-contact sport?

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
What a fun match to be at yesterday. Love the way the team fought and clawed back. Congrats to the team for the great win!!

Was disappointed that most folks left before the SR ceremony but, I guess so things never change--no matter the sport

Hope we have both injuries back for the NCAA's

Reactions: NWICY

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Honest question- does it seem like we have an inordinate number of injuries for a non-contact sport?
It does seem that way to me too. Hard to tell if it's a fluke thing though or a flaw with something in the program

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Final bracketology puts us as a 6 seed in the Pitt (or Louisville) regional. Sucks to not see them play in person but figured they did well enough here at the end to skip out of Madison and Omaha. Hope we can have a great showing and the women are healthy!

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Final bracketology puts us as a 6 seed in the Pitt (or Louisville) regional. Sucks to not see them play in person but figured they did well enough here at the end to skip out of Madison and Omaha. Hope we can have a great showing and the women are healthy!
Last RPI update I can find are games thru 11/19 at ncaa.com. I agree that a 6 seed is plausible and likely the highest attainable based on results. That was a helluva comeback yesterday given the injury circumstances. The team finished tied for 4th in conference play.

UNI beat Drake in five sets to win the Valley auto bid. Drake may have an at large shot but probably doesn't get in.

Reactions: riceville98

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
We face Hawaii in 1st Round in Eugene and then if we win probably play Oregon in 2nd Round.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Well evidently it wasn't good enough to deserve a tip afterwards.

I didn't deliver a good enough time. That's for sure.
That said, on orders like that, the tip is almost always filled in when they order, so they really don't know about me or anyone else. Still the only visiting school that doesn't tip.

Gonna miss Texas for that. If Kansas ever moves, all of us that they tip will be destroyed. Every KU program I've worked with has been amazing. Thankfully, never MBB, so I don't have that inner conflict yet. I can just hate away.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
So much for maximizing flights.
Yep, sending us and SE Louisiana all the way out to Eugene. I guess they figured that they were saving miles on sending Hawaii to about as close as you can for them.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
So much for maximizing flights.

Yep, sending us and SE Louisiana all the way out to Eugene. I guess they figured that they were saving miles on sending Hawaii to about as close as you can for them.
Assuming the Committee wanted to bracket according to their Seed List, ISU to Eugene make sense given the following:

Other #7 seeds:
  • Auburn to #2 Louisville
  • JMU to #2 Kentucky
  • SMU to #2 Texas
So ISU got shipped to #2 Oregon by default based on travel considerations.

And after looking at the #6 seeds, it is difficult to justify ISU being seeded ahead of any of them based on RPIs (FSU, Marquette, Utah St, WKU).

Hawaii was a bid stealer as they won the Big West tourney with UCSB (who beat ISU in Ames) having to scramble to get the last at large bid. The other 3 "Last 4 In" were TX A&M, SFA and Miami FL.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836