***2023 Iowa High School Football Playoffs***

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
5 turnovers, 21 points off TO, and giving another free 7 pts after a terrible snap on a punt. Not a recipe for winning.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Impressed with Moberly.
Just a gut feeling, Dekkers doesn't return next year. Kohl sticks around one more. Would put Moberly #2 as a RFR.
Dekkers returning?
That would be like ending a terrible marriage where your spouse cheated on you after giving him or her everything they asked for.
Then dating again, and the relationship blossoms into a better marriage.
Then having your ex move into your new house with your new spouse.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I figured some is experimental. They need advertisers. I hope they can continue wrestling. In the olden days, they did a HS basketball game, for example, maybe one of the best matchups that week, which I listened to some on occasion, but were limited to just a single radio signal.

At the big Corning wrestling tournament, if I recall correctly, it was like you say a reporter there, and some commentary throughout the day, but not live coverage.
They still do live high school BB and VB broadcasts, but a lot of schools stream games any more. They still do a remarkable job of covering sports in SW Iowa and lesser in MO. and NE. high schools.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
5 turnovers, 21 points off TO, and giving another free 7 pts after a terrible snap on a punt. Not a recipe for winning.
Actually, SEP scored only 14 points off of TO and both of those were interceptions late in the game (one at 3 min to go in the 3rd quarter and the other with 3 min to go in the game). The "free 7 pts" on the bad snap occurred with just 6 min to go in the game.

If you took away the 14 points that SEP scored on TO's plus the one "free 7pts", SEP would still have won the game, 28-21.

What hurt Ankeny badly was their 17 net yards rushing for the whole game, whereas SEP had 159 net yards rushing for the game. Also Ankeny's bad field position on most of their drives hurt them. Those are not a good recipe for winning the game.

The stats for the game:
https://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/FB-5A-23-5acg.htm#GAME.TEM

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Dekkers returning?
That would be like ending a terrible marriage where your spouse cheated on you after giving him or her everything they asked for.
Then dating again, and the relationship blossoms into a better marriage.
Then having your ex move into your new house with your new spouse.
Just curious did your wife suck more or less **** 2nd time around?

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
The recruiting deal is backwards in my home town. The public school tries to take kids from the Catholic School. I agree with you on money being spent for kids going to a private school. I think it is ok to help families who don’t have a lot of income, but not all families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron