2023 XFL vs 2023 USFL

Which of these spring football leagues do you prefer?

• XFL

Votes: 42 100.0%
  • USFL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think 1 league with the XFL's management can work. They're putting guys onto NFL rosters, and that alone will give it some viability.

Having actual home crowds helped the XFL a lot too. I would throw it on in the background and it was a reasonable facsimile.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
USFL was a bit more financially viable with their model but it wasn't going to work much longer (cities having teams in name only) if the intent was to grow the league. XFL did it right but was always a higher risk financially. They probably need to adopt the XFL calendar because it benefits the league to be able to put players into NFL OTA's and camps and helps them stick.

Good that they will probably merge, I like spring football.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Merger has been announced. Each league jettisoning their 4 least viable teams. New league will stay at 8 teams. Nothing yet on what happens to players and staff.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Merger has been announced. Each league jettisoning their 4 least viable teams. New league will stay at 8 teams. Nothing yet on what happens to players and staff.

Didn't St. Louis actually draw pretty good crowds?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Didn't St. Louis actually draw pretty good crowds?
They draw more attendance than the rest of their division combined.

The weird one is the XFL dropping their Houston team, which was one of the better ones, in favor of a USFL team for the city that never played a single game there.

3 teams in Texas seems like a bit much also.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
They draw more attendance than the rest of their division combined.

The weird one is the XFL dropping their Houston team, which was one of the better ones, in favor of a USFL team for the city that never played a single game there.

3 teams in Texas seems like a bit much also.
Large population group in warm weather that is actually interested in football. having DC and Michigan are kind of weird to me. would have thought New Orleans and Orlando made more sense to keep the travel down.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
St Louis will probably have the best fan base in that entire league.

I've always felt bad for St. Louis. They've had two NFL teams. Both bailed. Both were two of the most incompetently managed franchises in the league during their tenure in St. Louis with the exception of the few years when the Rams caught lightning in the bottle with Kurt Warner and that crew.

I hope the NFL goes to 36 or 40 teams at some point and gives St. Louis another chance. The fanbase was never the problem. I'd love to see a St. Louis Steamboats or St. Louis Archers out there.

• Agree
Reactions: ISU22CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron