2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Sample depth chart if we assume both transfers are starting (and both are certainly capable of that):

(Note -- I'm not trying to put the backups in actual depth chart order. Too much is unknown until practices start.)

PG: Ryan (Jackson, Wilson)
SG: Hare (Jackson, Joens, Tanke, Wilson)
G/W: Harris (Williams, Joens, Tanke)
W/F: Brown (Williams, Harris)
P: Crooks (?)

Need to fill that question mark.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Top career ISU players in 3pt made per 40:

1. Aubrey Joens (2021-22): 3.5 (39%)
2. Stacy Frese (1997-2000): 3.3 (45%)
3. Hannah Belanger (2024-24): 2.9 (39%)
4. Brynn Williamson (2012-15): 2.8 (34%)
5. Kidd Blaskowsky (2013-16): 2.8 (34%)
6. Megan Taylor (1998-2001): 2.7 (39%)
7. Heather Ezell (2006-09): 2.7 (33%)
8. Amanda Bartz (1997-98): 2.6 (33%)
9. Megan McCracken (2003-03): 2.6 (34%)
10. Kelsey Bolte (2008-11): 2.6 (40%)

(Note to self: fix spreadsheet so Kidd's name is "Kidd" so I don't have to change it manually)
When in college, my wife joined a softball team with a local association. The girls that organized the team submitted their sponsor/team name as Phil McCracken Construction. The association did catch this one and forced them to use a different name.

• Funny
Reactions: ICCYFAN

ClonesMagic1

Sep 21, 2023
Sample depth chart if we assume both transfers are starting (and both are certainly capable of that):

(Note -- I'm not trying to put the backups in actual depth chart order. Too much is unknown until practices start.)

PG: Ryan (Jackson, Wilson)
SG: Hare (Jackson, Joens, Tanke, Wilson)
G/W: Harris (Williams, Joens, Tanke)
W/F: Brown (Williams, Harris)
P: Crooks (?)

Need to fill that question mark.
Question mark has an upcoming visit.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
As Boxster said a couple days ago, the portal giveth and the portal taketh away. I fear we're going to lose another of the heralded Fab Five Freshman before the Wednesday, May 1 portal entry deadline. I'm holding my breath hoping she'll stay and fight for playing time...

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Maybe redundant to some comments/opinions already posted but my two-cents-worth:

Started every game for Central Michigan as a freshman and averaged almost 18 ppg. Shot 39% from the field which wasn't great but looks to have proved she can play at the next level up in the 2nd half of the season with TCU although she never started any games for the Frogs. Certainly an upgrade over departing senior Diew IMHO. Guessing if we had to play a game with the current roster she would start at F. Not the PF some are looking for but she's got good size and can shoot the three so really fills the Diew/Bristow void.
Brown, Harris and Williams should make a nice 3/4 rotation. I really like Brostow's potential but this is definitely an upgrade over this past season. Maybe Bill can pull another talented forward along with a backup post.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
As Boxster said a couple days ago, the portal giveth and the portal taketh away. I fear we're going to lose another of the heralded Fab Five Freshman before the Wednesday, May 1 portal entry deadline. I'm holding my breath hoping she'll stay and fight for playing time...
I assume you are talking Joens. She and Bristow seemed to be the only players who really hustled after the ball to get offensive rebounds, and I liked seeing that on the floor.

She got 19 mins per game last year, but with the addition of 4 guards who could play that might be hard to achieve again.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA

Hopefully anyone returning has the confidence to fight for playing time. If you are going to be on a good team there is going to be competition. Look at Aubry - she has played less minutes in a non-starting role for OU since the transfer. Unless someone is going to move out of the P4/5 you are going to have competition for playing time wherever you go.

Reactions: CYdTracked

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Apropos of nothing...while reading Hare's bio on the Marquette site, I noticed a news release that their new coach is former Hawk Cara Consuegra.

tenor.gif

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
If it's not one thing, it's another that's bad. Jeez, can people just be glad that we have a wealth of riches? It's the same people that would be complaining if Fennelly picked up worse picks in the portal. If whoever can't compete with Hare and Harris, then did we not upgrade? They're not one-and-dones. I have as much attachment to this current team as any, but I do still want to win.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Hopefully anyone returning has the confidence to fight for playing time. If you are going to be on a good team there is going to be competition. Look at Aubry - she has played less minutes in a non-starting role for OU since the transfer. Unless someone is going to move out of the P4/5 you are going to have competition for playing time wherever you go.
Fritz went from starting and 30mpg at ISU to an afterthought on the Baylor bench. Maybe one of these days we find out what happened there but just another example of how the grass is not always greener.

Love how we are bringing in some impact transfers. Some here thought the sky was falling not long ago but things are looking very positive again.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
In case I'm right, here's the lowdown on Bass:

Bass is a 6'1" forward with one season remaining after three years at Akron. She was first-team all-conference as a sophomore and 2nd team as a junior. She's not much of a three-point shooter (18-66 total across three seasons) but has been shooting around 50% from the field for 17 ppg the past two seasons. She averaged 9.9 total rebounds last season and has averaged around 2.5 offensive reb/game over her career.

Reactions: NWICY

clonealum91

Oct 6, 2017
Loving what we have done in terms of replacing that which we have lost:

Williams - Diew
Hare - Bellanger
Harris - Bristow
?????? - Natabou

Still a hole to fill in the post. There are minutes to be had at the 5 - Audi isn't going to play Emily Ryan-type minutes.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Why? There isn’t a single one left that hasn’t unequivocally stated they are here for the long haul. The only one I’m sure you are thinking of is Joens…and she stated her thoughts very strongly when asked point blank about it. She’s not the type to back down from a challenge.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
If all of the fouls were called on Stanford for not being verticals on the blocks, ISU would have won.
I was watching the draft and they were showing Brink's highlights and there was that clip of her doing exactly this to Audi fouling her twice on the possession and I yelled at the TV that it was a foul. Hard to let it go I guess.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron