***2024 Big 12 Wrestling Championships (March 9-10)***

ISU_Cyclones

May 9, 2018
So just ballparking the 5 top contenders if everything went according to seed... Obviously doesn't account for bonus points.

1. OK State 133.5
2. ISU 126.5
3. Missouri 115.5
4. SD State 105
5. UNI 86

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sneaky bracket is 74. MJ should be in the finals.

GPHISU

Feb 18, 2018
This has to be the most even first round with byes in long time!!! Usually have been on the short end of the stick. The committee did a great job keeping they byes very even.

ISU-3
MIZZOU-4
OSU-4
Wyoming-4
Oklahoma-4
UNI-1

Didn’t go through all of the teams. But just a few highlights

Reactions: stuclone

ISU_Cyclones

May 9, 2018
I wonder what ok state difference I have there. Others are close enough that they could be explained by some differing assumptions but that one is way off.
Ah I did have Surber's place wrong, even still I have osu at 126.5 so going to be a close one.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Don’t love Frost potentially getting Leake in the quarters
Same. I've had lingering "needs to prove it more" thoughts ever since his win over Teske. I wish he had tougher matches throughout the year, but he has consistently and convincingly beat whoever is put in front of him. That's all he can do in those situations. I think its time for me to put the doubts to bed. His style puts himself in position to win matches, especially in the 3rd. No reason to believe he is not the 2nd best in the bracket and will prove it.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Same. I've had lingering "needs to prove it more" thoughts ever since his win over Teske. I wish he had tougher matches throughout the year, but he has consistently and convincingly beat whoever is put in front of him. That's all he can do in those situations. I think its time for me to put the doubts to bed. His style puts himself in position to win matches, especially in the 3rd. No reason to believe he is not the 2nd best in the bracket and will prove it.
He didn’t beat Nasir Bailey, who’s only good win on the year is Frost.

I think Frost’s ranking is a little suspect, but more so because 133 as a whole is suspect outside of the top few. Frost has done a great job this year, and I’m excited to see what he’ll do this post season. But I have no idea if he goes 1-2 at NCAA or places

That said, I don’t see Leake being a problem for him.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Help Support Us

Become a patron