***2024 Big 12 Wrestling Championships (March 9-10)***

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Wasn't set up well. David was close to scoring on the scramble in the 3rd also. Not happy with the result, but I don't get the david can never beat him vibe.
Been watching for years and when a guy wins the first couple and then loses the next couple to the same guy, it is rare that the winner of the first couple ever gets the leg up in future matches.
Not impossible…just looks like KOT has it figured out and will continue to win these matches.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Wasn't set up well. David was close to scoring on the scramble in the 3rd also. Not happy with the result, but I don't get the david can never beat him vibe.
Agreed. Has Keegan figured him out? Yep. But David can absolutely beat him, and to suggest otherwise is silly. He’s clearly talented enough to do so. Will it happen? Maybe not. But David is more than good enough to put together a single good match against him to win.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
My understanding is if Chittum would have taken neutral in the first sudden death and doesn’t give up a takedown or stalling call he would have won due to the :30 seconds of riding. Can anyone confirm?

Absolutely. At that point, it's 3-3 and Chittum wins on RT advantage in TB-1.

He had another chance in TB-2. Choose neutral and it's still 3-3 but you need a point to win (and he also doesn't give up the caution point and escape point). Or choose bottom, escape for a 4-3 win and RT doesn't matter. Top was probably the worst choice.

Reactions: Wild Blue and Kinch

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
This is coming off as intense sour grapes.

Counters are absolutely basics of wrestling
I watch wrestling maybe 2 times a year. Most sports align rules to reward competition and offense over time (e.g., the 3 point shot and hand checking fouls in basketball, relaxing soccer off-sides rules, elimination of center line/two-line pass in hockey, DH rules being universal in baseball, etc.).

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Absolutely. At that point, it's 3-3 and Chittum wins on RT advantage in TB-1.

He had another chance in TB-2. Choose neutral and it's still 3-3 but you need a point to win (and he also doesn't give up the caution point and escape point). Or choose bottom, escape for a 4-3 win and RT doesn't matter. Top was probably the worst choice.
This is the second time I think coaches chose the wrong position and probably cost us a match.