***2024 Big 12 Wrestling Championships (March 9-10)***

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Thank you!

I love these so, so much. Check them out everyone. It's just Ech/Bastida and all the celebrating. I'll have more but I know these are more important right now.

thank you for everything you have done, your coverage has greatly improved the fan experience. Great photos, you really told the story.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Feels great to be big 12 champs again after way too long.
125-decent tournament from kysen he's so up and down, but outperformed seed B
133-Frost is proving to be a big time stud, needs to clean up the first minute of matches but wow A
141-looks good, not much else to say A
149-Got hosed, but knows what he needs to do and still looks like he's on a mission B-
157-Just a strange finals match, but is looking good, B needs to work on bottom
165-wrestled to seed, still think he can beat o Toole, but both men are tough, this loss means he'll see mess in the semis C
174-gotta work on bottom and rely a little less on funk C- for below seed. Great bonus from him
184- hope he can train and turn some things around and get an at large C-
197-good match and then tough draw C
Hwt- title contender A

Team needs to get out from bottom at a couple weights, coaching needs to be ready to go with decisions, but that 157 match was just so strange. Overall we have serious AA expectations at 33, 41, 49, maybe 57. Need some bonus or good runs at 25, 74 and 84 and of course title contenders at 65 and heavy nationals should be fun.
Are we sure Carr is going to get the 3 seed?

I’d almost say it’s very likely he is getting the 4 and will have to get through Hamiti and O’Toole to make finals.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Is there a case for Carr to be 3? Or will they automatically put him 4 because of the Ramirez loss?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Fun, fast-paced, aggressive style vs whatever-the-hell-bullsh*t, hand-fight, stall style

KD gets how to build the program. He is using the Johnny Orr style for wrestling. If you want fans, and you have a weak team, focus on offense and people will be excited with all the action. Then if you can get wrestlers that are adequate in defense and mat wrestling, you have the best of both worlds.

Obviously winning the big 12s was another step in the progress. There are two steps left and hopefully we get one of them (bringing home some hardware from nationals) in about two weeks. The last one will be a VERY tough step.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
After sleeping on my thoughts and feelings.

SO damn proud of this team and coaches. It feels great to seemingly be back, now lets keep it going!

Very pleased that Bastida won, I feel like it would have soured the team championship a bit if we only got one individual winner after taking 7 to semi's and 5 to finals.

It sucks that it became fairly apparent that the official had no intent on calling another stalling that likely would have won it for Cody but he ended up doing so with the false starts.

Help Support Us

Become a patron