2024 concerts

twnp3rd

Feb 24, 2014
Well, despite the Iowa State Fair being an absolute embarrassment of acts (for rock fans), this year is booming for rock shows in Iowa. Have the following already announced/bought just in the metro...

Apr 6 - Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Catch Your Breath
May 1 - Nothing More, Wage War, Sleep Theory
May 7 - Staind, Seether
May 14 - Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, Plush
May 24 - From Ashes to New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah
Aug 19 - Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson (unfortunately)
Atmopshere on May 4th at Val Air will be a good show too.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You must have been one of the other 40 people in the presale queue. :D Tickets are pricey but I think it will be worth it for such a small venue. They're also playing Wrigley and 2 shows at Fenway so getting them in Vibrant will be amazing.
I love the Vibrant. Not only is it in Waukee, where I live, but the setup and acoustics for hard rock and metal are perfect. Prices are higher than Val Air, but as somebody that can't stand, it's worth the extra for me. I hate places like Val Air where my ADA accommodation is a folding chair behind everybody standing.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
You must have been one of the other 40 people in the presale queue. :D Tickets are pricey but I think it will be worth it for such a small venue. They're also playing Wrigley and 2 shows at Fenway so getting them in Vibrant will be amazing.
The smaller venue should be awesome. I had tickets to see them in Moline at The Rust Belt in ‘20 and it was cancelled. Vibrant is around the same size but brand new and a lot closer so even better.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well, despite the Iowa State Fair being an absolute embarrassment of acts (for rock fans), this year is booming for rock shows in Iowa. Have the following already announced/bought just in the metro...

Apr 6 - Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Catch Your Breath
May 1 - Nothing More, Wage War, Sleep Theory
May 7 - Staind, Seether
May 14 - Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, Plush
May 24 - From Ashes to New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah
Aug 19 - Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson (unfortunately)
I would go see Manson just to people-watch.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
FYI the pre-sale, pre-sale just opened and code is "VAMPIRE". Ticket prices are outrageous (except for the disabled section).
I have no problem paying extra to see certain bands. What I do have a problem with is $200 for an obstructed view of a band who albums have barely charted in the last 10 years. Also, parking is $20 at Vibrant with no other surrounding areas to park.

***EDIT*** I would assume this "obstruction" is the sound booth/bar on the floor and are likely not much of an obstruction. I'm not sure how tall they are as I haven't made it to this venue yet. $200 is still insane to see the Pumpkins, obstruction or no.

1712083578286.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Nothingman

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I love the Vibrant. Not only is it in Waukee, where I live, but the setup and acoustics for hard rock and metal are perfect. Prices are higher than Val Air, but as somebody that can't stand, it's worth the extra for me. I hate places like Val Air where my ADA accommodation is a folding chair behind everybody standing.
Going to Breaking Benjamin Sat at Vibrant. I'm on crutches right now but the people I'm going with wanted GA tix. Is there somewhere I can sit without a reserved ticket?

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Going to Breaking Benjamin Sat at Vibrant. I'm on crutches right now but the people I'm going with wanted GA tix. Is there somewhere I can sit without a reserved ticket?
They have an ADA section on the left side of the GA area with seating. When you get there, just tell them you need to sit there and they'll likely make it work. That's where I have the majority of my upcoming tickets. Seating, close to stage, and cheaper than normal reserved seats. Kinda the best of all worlds.

• Informative
Reactions: 1100011CS

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Don't know how I missed that Goose is coming to Vibrant. These guys are on my active band bucket list.

Reactions: clonedude

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Counting Crows also coming to Vibrant Music Hall in August. Presale is now through Friday with the CROWS code.
I got tickets to both Counting Crows and Smashing Pumpkins last week. Between them and Robert Plant, along with seeing Young The Giant and Cage the Elephant together, its going to be a solid concert year.

Reactions: Saul_T

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Counting Crows also coming to Vibrant Music Hall in August. Presale is now through Friday with the CROWS code.

LOL I grabbed tix last week and totally guessed "Crows" on the pre sale and got in.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron