2024 concerts

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Knotfest announced alongside Slipknot 25 Year Tour. Have to say 1 - they royally ****** up the last Knotfest so there are a lot of people that won't give this a chance, and 2 - the lineup is incredibly weak.

View attachment 128485
For real. This is their 25th anniversary as a band and the best they can do for a fest in their hometown after absolutely fumbling the last fest they hosted is...the guy from Rammstein and Knocked Loose? I'd be down to see Slipknot, but unfortunately this isn't the opportunity I was looking for.

• Winner
Reactions: Drew0311 and Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
For real. This is their 25th anniversary as a band and the best they can do for a fest in their hometown after absolutely fumbling the last fest they hosted is...the guy from Rammstein and Knocked Loose? I'd be down to see Slipknot, but unfortunately this isn't the opportunity I was looking for.
Not to side-track the concert thread, but I think Slipknot is their own worst enemy (or Corey Taylor more precisely). Between his interviews and comments where he comes across as the biggest narcissist of the century to the constant turnover of bandmates for no reason, it just creates too much drama when there are so many other bands to follow. I love Falling In Reverse's music, but they're almost identical in how they operate.

Koala

Jan 4, 2024
Knotfest announced alongside Slipknot 25 Year Tour. Have to say 1 - they royally ****** up the last Knotfest so there are a lot of people that won't give this a chance, and 2 - the lineup is incredibly weak.

View attachment 128485
I did like that they made it clear that people can bring in a refillable water bottle that there will be abundant access to free water this time. Progress I guess?

Reactions: Jer

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Not to side-track the concert thread, but I think Slipknot is their own worst enemy (or Corey Taylor more precisely). Between his interviews and comments where he comes across as the biggest narcissist of the century to the constant turnover of bandmates for no reason, it just creates too much drama when there are so many other bands to follow. I love Falling In Reverse's music, but they're almost identical in how they operate.
You can add Shawn to that with Corey. They are both so high and mighty. They are both the ones responsible for the band turnover. It's down to 5 members who started.

• Agree
Reactions: Saul_T and Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Isn't the lead singer of Falling in Reverse like a gigantic piece of ****?
Yeah, Ronnie is about the worst version of a person you can imagine. Amazing vocals and musical talent, absolutely horrible person.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Oh for sure. I'm fiends with people who have literal Slipknot tattoos who cringed at the last album and are almost scared to attend Knotfest in fears it would tarnish how they feel about the band at this point.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Has anybody seen any rumors of who is opening for Disturbed's makeup show on May 14th? I've noticed Falling In Reverse has been removed from pretty much every event site but haven't seen anything new announced via any social media, website, etc.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Nothing More concert just finished.

Sleep Theory - Great young band with good stage presence and energy for not even having their first album out yet.

Veil of Maya - Eh, not a fan of their music, low energy, and Val Air just doesn’t fit the screaming nature of the vocals. One of the weaker opening acts I’ve seen in a long time.

Wage War - Ok, nothing great. Average energy, little hard for what the Val Air can support. Whelmed, not over or under. Their more melodic, less intense songs (Manic, Magnet, Circle the Drain) were great.

Nothing More - Absolutely ******* amazing like always. I’ve seen hundreds of bands live between opening acts, up and comers, and huge arena bands. Nothing More has more energy and stage presence than probably any band in any genre. It’s like running a marathon. Perfect showing.

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
2024 concert lineup continues to grow. Next up is Staind/Seether tomorrow night. Note - I hate the extremist politics of Staind's lead singer so I may boo if he gets on a tangent. Unfortunately, he's walked out on numerous concerts and events this year if somebody boos or he thinks people are talking too much.

Highly likely that the May 14th Disturbed make up show only has Disturbed and Plush without another major opening act. Bummed because although Ronnie Radke is a despicable human being, Falling Reverse makes awesome music and was great live last year.

• Apr 6 - Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Catch Your Breath (Waukee)
  • May 1 - Nothing More, Wage War, Sleep Theory (Val Air)*
  • May 7 - Staind, Seether (Waukee)
  • May 14 - Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, Plush (Wells)
  • May 24 - From Ashes to New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah (Val Air)*
  • Jul 23 - Chevelle (Waukee)
  • Aug 17 - Ice Nine Kills & In This Moment (Waukee)*
  • Aug 19 - Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson (Wells)
  • Aug 20 - Smashing Pumpkins (Waukee)
  • Oct 25 - Korn, Gojira, Spiritbox (Omaha)

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Seeing Shakey Graves Saturday night at Val-Air. He was supposed to play codfish back in 21 but cancelled due to covid and never rescheduled there. Bummed he isn’t playing there but still exciting to see him, nonetheless.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
2024 concert lineup continues to grow. Next up is Staind/Seether tomorrow night. Note - I hate the extremist politics of Staind's lead singer so I may boo if he gets on a tangent. Unfortunately, he's walked out on numerous concerts and events this year if somebody boos or he thinks people are talking too much.

Highly likely that the May 14th Disturbed make up show only has Disturbed and Plush without another major opening act. Bummed because although Ronnie Radke is a despicable human being, Falling Reverse makes awesome music and was great live last year.

• Apr 6 - Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Catch Your Breath (Waukee)
  • May 1 - Nothing More, Wage War, Sleep Theory (Val Air)*
  • May 7 - Staind, Seether (Waukee)
  • May 14 - Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, Plush (Wells)
  • May 24 - From Ashes to New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah (Val Air)*
  • Jul 23 - Chevelle (Waukee)
  • Aug 17 - Ice Nine Kills & In This Moment (Waukee)*
  • Aug 19 - Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson (Wells)
  • Aug 20 - Smashing Pumpkins (Waukee)
  • Oct 25 - Korn, Gojira, Spiritbox (Omaha)
Saw Plush open for Slash a couple years ago in KC. Excellent vocals. Killer Barracuda cover.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Seeing Shakey Graves Saturday night at Val-Air. He was supposed to play codfish back in 21 but cancelled due to covid and never rescheduled there. Bummed he isn’t playing there but still exciting to see him, nonetheless.

He’s so good live. If you haven’t seen him yet, you’ll have so much fun.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
Went to Spring Revelry in Indianola, Saturday and was entertained throughout. Headliners Turnpike Troubadours put on a great show. Trampled By Turtles were also good. I was pleasantly surprised as I am not a big fan of there's but they are a great live band. While I have been a big fan of Cody Canada since his Cross Canadian Ragweed shows, it's sad that I think his best days are behind him.

Reactions: 0u812

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron