2024 concerts

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Tickets for Korn go on sale tomorrow after the "pre sales"

2nd party sellers already have loaded up on tickets.
https://www.ticketsonsale.com/tickets/korn-chi-health-center-omaha-omaha-5-9-2024-4893254
I got in on the Tuesday pre-pre-pre sale. The code was "FREAK" and may still work.

Presale TypePresale Code
Artist (100% Working)FREAK
GojiraGOJIRA24
LiveNationKEY / ENERGY / COVERT
TicketmasterSEATS / FANS
Citi Card546616 / 412800
Prudential CenterSOCIAL
Chase Card541712 / 428208
AMEXINGOLD / 8778770987
Fiddler’s Green AmphitheatreKORNFREAKS
Frost Bank CenterKORNFBC
Ford Idaho CenterISSUES99

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I've seen Korn enough times in my life, but I've missed out on Gojira so many times this might actually be worth it. Kind of surprised Gojira isn't the headliner tbh.
I frickin love Korn. Korn and Rob Zombie was my first concert in late 90's (dad drove me and a friend to Moline and he stayed in the car). It was absolutely out of this world back then - cages hanging from the ceiling with strippers, car on stage, etc. I see them any time they're remotely close and they still put on a damn good show. They were here maybe 12-18 months ago and they still have it.

Reactions: Saul_T

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I frickin love Korn. Korn and Rob Zombie was my first concert in late 90's (dad drove me and a friend to Moline and he stayed in the car). It was absolutely out of this world back then - cages hanging from the ceiling with strippers, car on stage, etc. I see them any time they're remotely close and they still put on a damn good show. They were here maybe 12-18 months ago and they still have it.
I've seen them...thrice I think? Both in the early 2000's and you're absolutely correct, they were great shows. I caught Deftones at Peoples in Des Moines in 2009 maybe? The week one of the guys from Slipknot died, and most of the members of Korn were also in attendance at the show.

Reactions: Jer

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My current plans. Amazing number of great bands coming around this year. Ironically more hard rock at Val Air now that the Waukee arena opened up.

Apr 6 - Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Catch Your Breath

May 1 - Nothing More, Wage War, Sleep Theory

May 7 - Staind, Seether

May 14 - Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, Plush

May 24 - From Ashes to New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah

Aug 19 - Five Finger Death Punch, Marilyn Manson (YUCK, unfortunately)

Oct 25 - Korn, Gojira, Spiritbox (Omaha)
I never thought I'd say this but there's some great Lollapalooza videos of Limp Bizkit in South America floating around right now. I never really cared for them.
But when doing that I went down a Wes Borland rabbit hole and yikes, he really dislikes Manson, which led me down a Manson rabbit hole, and holy **** he's a terrible human being.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
It was exactly two years ago today they played at Wells. We had pretty good seats, first row section 118 to the left of the stage, with a great view. Rays drum kit was crazy.
IMG_6971.jpeg

Reactions: CyDegen and Jer

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
View attachment 126510

Have never seen Turnpike Troubadours. Big fan of Cross Canadian Ragweed (Cody Canada). Ryan Bingham (from Yellowstone fame). Balloon Field down in Indianola. Hope the weather is good.
Another show that work will likely keep me from, but my wife and a lot of our friends are going.

Turnpike is fantastic live, and don't sleep on TBT. They're excellent.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
If you sing the praises of Billy Strings, Molly Tuttle is coming to Wooly's June 6th, the same night as Tom Segura. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard are coming to Omaha in September as well.
I'd rather see Molly Tuttle. Segura has disappeared up his own ass after he get mega famous.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I'd rather see Molly Tuttle. Segura has disappeared up his own ass after he get mega famous.
I've got kids about the same age as his, so a lot of his stories still really hit for me. I'm still down with Tommy Buns, but Bert is too far gone for me.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've got kids about the same age as his, so a lot of his stories still really hit for me. I'm still down with Tommy Buns, but Bert is too far gone for me.
They both let their success get to them, IMO. Tom's fanciness/taste for super expensive **** irritates me for some reason. Bert is even more self absorbed, but he also seems to realize it which makes him less irritating to me, but I'm kinda out on both at least in terms of following their podcasts and what not. I'd probably enjoy a show from either.

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
View attachment 126510

Have never seen Turnpike Troubadours. Big fan of Cross Canadian Ragweed (Cody Canada). Ryan Bingham (from Yellowstone fame). Balloon Field down in Indianola. Hope the weather is good.
Ryan Bingham and the Texas Gentlemen will put on a great show. The Texas Gentlemen have a couple solid albums of their own.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

If they played nothing but songs from their double CD release back in the day (Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness), it would be an amazing show.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I see Wilderado is playing at Wooly's this summer. Anyone wanna hit this up with me? (Wilderado is very underrated)

Reactions: clonedude

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
80/35 announced they are coming back, but to waterworks. Lineup announcement on April 12. I really thought it wasn't going to happen, the organizer left Des Moines Music Coalition a while ago and its been crickets all year, they usually announce something in Jan-Feb.

We've loved 80/35 the last few years, but I'm not sure it will be the same not being downtown.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
FYI the pre-sale, pre-sale just opened and code is "VAMPIRE". Ticket prices are outrageous (except for the disabled section).
Looks like they include all the BS fees so that's nice to at least not get that sticker shock.

Reactions: Angie and Jer

CySki

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2010
Waukee, IA
FYI the pre-sale, pre-sale just opened and code is "VAMPIRE". Ticket prices are outrageous (except for the disabled section).
You must have been one of the other 40 people in the presale queue. :D Tickets are pricey but I think it will be worth it for such a small venue. They're also playing Wrigley and 2 shows at Fenway so getting them in Vibrant will be amazing.