***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
McCarthy is a 2nd round pick, in my opinion. Vikings might take him in the first round and use more picks to trade up for him. I think they would be smart to stay at 11 and if Penix is there, take him instead. Otherwise, take the best available (especially defense). So many of these teams are bound and determined to take a QB even if they aren't good.
The only issue with staying at 11 is there are four other teams looking to trade into the 7-10 range to draft a QB as well. Anything can happen on draft night. I'd rather be aggressive and get the QB you want vs sitting back and hoping someone falls to you

Reactions: stuclone

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The only issue with staying at 11 is there are four other teams looking to trade into the 7-10 range to draft a QB as well. Anything can happen on draft night. I'd rather be aggressive and get the QB you want vs sitting back and hoping someone falls to you
This has the feeling like we’re going to do something completely unexpected. Like trading up to take Harrison Jr.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Find it interesting that Penix is considered a steal and a perfect pick for the Raiders at 13. And not a viable option for the Vikings if McCarthy or Maye are not there.

I do not want to be like the Carolina Panthers who are watching their #1 pick go to the Bears to select Caleb Williams while getting even more draft picks in addition to keeping their own.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I also should add that there are rumors about JJ being traded tonight to help trade up for a QB. I just don't see why a team like New England or Arizona would want to entertain that. If those teams want a WR, just draft Harrison, Jr., Nabers, or Odunze. You'll have a very talented WR for 5 years at a cheap price instead of one year at a cheap price. And for the Vikings, they have the cap space to sign JJ to a long term deal. His skills will help a young QB develop. It just doesn't make much sense for both parties to trade JJ

Should be a fun night. Can't wait for the draft to start

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I saw a mock today where they traded with ATL and didn't give up much to get MCarthy. That one I'd be ok with.
Agree, I'd be cool with that. I think just #11 and 4th rounder. They could do well with McCarthy at #8 and someone good at #23.

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I also should add that there are rumors about JJ being traded tonight to help trade up for a QB. I just don't see why a team like New England or Arizona would want to entertain that. If those teams want a WR, just draft Harrison, Jr., Nabers, or Odunze. You'll have a very talented WR for 5 years at a cheap price instead of one year at a cheap price. And for the Vikings, they have the cap space to sign JJ to a long term deal. His skills will help a young QB develop. It just doesn't make much sense for both parties to trade JJ

Should be a fun night. Can't wait for the draft to start
You never know if those receivers turn into busts. I think Harrison Jr is a lock, but the other 2 could be busts.

If they got JJ, they'd obviously know they'd sign him to a new contract, so you'd be getting arguably the best WR in the entire NFL, a known quantity.

I don't want the Vikings to trade JJ at all though. The only trade I would be okay with is to #3 or #4 for Harrison, but I'd only want it to be straight up.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
What year was it that the Vikes lost a draft pick because they didn’t make their pick in time?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
What year was it that the Vikes lost a draft pick because they didn’t make their pick in time?
They didn't lose a pick. Other teams just got their pick in before they picked. It ended up working out, because they drafted Kevin Williams, who was their starting DT for over a decade

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Vikes trade #11 pick to Buffalo for Trubisky. Kwesi crowning achievement for secretly being on GB payroll.

• Haha
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
They didn't lose a pick. Other teams just got their pick in before they picked. It ended up working out, because they drafted Kevin Williams, who was their starting DT for over a decade
Thanks for the clarification! Skol!

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I was going to say all the other GMs were going to keep Kwesi from screwing this up. Let’s see.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Not super excited by JJ but it that's their guy then fine. Just glad they didn't have to give up too much

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron