2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
that offensive foul was worse than the blarge. if uconn hadnt already won a billion nattys i would feel sorry for them.
Not about UConn getting jobbed because they still needed to make a shot. But everyone watching deserved to have a chance at a buzzer beater walk off with how competitive that game was. You can’t make that call there unless it is so blatant you can’t ignore it. She goes into her a little hard and tiny little Gabbie just flops around like she just got shot. Those screens were being set all night for both teams with only a couple of them called. You can’t call that that there in that situation.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'm not opposed to them calling a foul on a play at the end of a close, important game.

But it's got to be egregious. One nobody is going to question in hindsight.

A "eh, maybe" call that everybody would forget about if it was at 5:27 in 1Q isn't that call.
Yep. Say UConn makes that shot and wins. Not one person or talk show is going to go back and say, “Man I don’t know about that screen.” But you know damn well they will be all over that screen now.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Can someone explain to Fennelly that Iowa just won a Final Four game with an offensive rebound on a free throw? ISU would have had no rebounders there and lost that game

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And then after that bogus call…. Iowa is struggling to get the ball in on the other end of the court, and CC totally pushes off to get open so Iowa can get the ball in.

At least Scot Van Pelt and other analysts on ESPN are saying that was a horrible call and even saying it sucked. Maybe they didn’t get the memo…. or just don’t care?

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
That official spent the last 20+ years grinding to get to this game.

And gags on a big one one in the end.

Never to be seen again.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yep. Say UConn makes that shot and wins. Not one person or talk show is going to go back and say, “Man I don’t know about that screen.” But you know damn well they will be all over that screen now.

She didn’t lean in with her shoulder which is what I expected on replay. Objectively bad call.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Gabbie, Kate, and Hanna Stuelke are all easy to root for. All of them play hard and really won the game, not Clark.
They are the absolute definition of classless on the court. Their flopping on every single play offense and defense makes it impossible to actual root for them.
They are 100% dirty classless players, period!

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
Kate and Stuelke I agree with but I must be in the minority cause I can’t stand Gabbie
I just think Gabbie works her butt off on def and is guarding the toughest player on the other team even though she is undersized. I can respect that.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
They are the absolute definition of classless on the court. Their flopping on every single play offense and defense makes it impossible to actual root for them.
They are 100% dirty classless players, period!
I think Clark flops, and over acts every time anyone touches her. Not sure that the rest of the iowa players do that.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Stuelke played her ass off. I hope she gets the attention she deserves, but probably won't since she's not a big name. She was the only reason Iowa was still able to be in the game at the end.
That’s the problem. Stuelke and Martin won that game for them. But it will just be all about Caitlin. Want to grow the game? Well there are plenty of really good players. Caitlin can and should be the focal point because of what she does, but she’s leaving in 2 days. Then what women’s college basketball?

• Winner
Reactions: swclone11

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron