***2024 NFL Season***

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Bears GM Poles has been excellent at getting value. This move just shows you that the league doesn't value Fields very much. I think he's only getting $3.2 million next year as an experienced starter. Can't believe nobody would take a flier on him.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
What are the Steelers doing? Will Fields back up Wilson then?

As for the Bears... my prediction is that Caleb Williams won't be any better than Fields. The correct move would have been to keep Fields and trade the number 1 pick for a bunch of picks. This was done just to appease the fans IMO.

I'm not 100% sure Williams is headed to Chicago. Could see a trade out of #1 if the price is right.

Not sure a fingernail painting QB who wants equity interest (rumor has it) would fit the Bears faux tough guy mentality

Reactions: Die4Cy

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm not 100% sure Williams is headed to Chicago. Could see a trade out of #1 if the price is right.

Not sure a fingernail painting QB who wants equity interest (rumor has it) would fit the Bears faux tough guy mentality

I can't see that. If they trade out, it had better be only to go down to 2nd or 3rd. They desperately need one of the top 3 QBs in this draft... Williams, Daniels, or Maye. If they don't see much difference between those 3, then sure, trade down a spot or two.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Do I wish Bears would have gotten more for Fields, yes but when the League is telling you he is pretty much a back-up right now there isn't much you can do. They didn't want him sticking around and anytime Williams has a bit of adversity a portion of the Bears fan base is yelling to "Put Fields in!" Caleb, Bears players & coaches don't need that headache from the media asking them about it.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Do I wish Bears would have gotten more for Fields, yes but when the League is telling you he is pretty much a back-up right now there isn't much you can do. They didn't want him sticking around and anytime Williams has a bit of adversity a portion of the Bears fan base is yelling to "Put Fields in!" Caleb, Bears players & coaches don't need that headache from the media asking them about it.
The market is telling you that. Looked at what other qbs have gone for. It’s about the same. I am a bears fan and don’t think fields is the answer but he’s most definitely talented enough to be a starter in the league.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
What is Denver doing at QB? I thought Fields would be headed there.
Fields in Sean Payton’s offense is a match made in hell. That’d be a disaster.

Seems like they either are going draft a QB or roll with Stidham, which is more or less punting on the season and looking to draft a QB top 5 next year. They likely aren’t trading up which it seems like they need to if they want one of the top 4 QBs (Williams, Daniels, Maye, McCarthy) but Payton supposedly loves Bo Nix so maybe that’s their guy.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Given Fields' really gracious words after the trade, I kind of wonder if the Bears were working with him to get him into the best situation they could once they realized no real compensation would be coming back for him on the trade market as a #1 QB.

Being on the Steelers with Russ you have to think he's going to be the starter at some point this year.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Pretty telling that it's only a 1 year deal. A lot of people thought that the Bears made the wrong move in acquiring Sweat last year instead of Young. Young did very little with the 49ers, and they gave up a 3rd round pick for their trouble. Chicago clearly made the better choice.