***2024 PGA Tour Thread***

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
That's kind of where I'm at. I don't watch LIV and now I rarely watch the PGA. They both have their flaws and they both create a watered down product. I do think the endgame here is them working something out collaboratively, because I can't imagine either of them are real happy with viewership numbers.
Agree. LIV is unwatchable for me. PGA better but not great.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I'm not convinced that merging them necessarily saves it either. I used to watch golf with some regularity and don't now, largely because of everything that's gone on. But even if they combined tours and all those guys start showing up to non-Major events again, I'm not even so sure I'd watch.
I would agree. When the golfers kept their mouths shut and focused on the game, not politics, I was interested. As soon as guys openly began flaunting their connections with Trump, being OK taking Saudi sportswashed $$, it really changed a lot for me. I always knew that most pro golfers leaned to the right because, frankly, most of them grew up as spoiled, rich country club brats. As someone who came to golf by playing muni courses with my dad, that’s not something I related to but I enjoyed watching the game be played at such a high level. I was also part of the “Tiger generation” which made a big difference. Now, I have no desire to cheer for Joe Rogan bros and the PGA Tour has shown itself to be no better with their desire to merge with the Saudis and Greg Norman. It’s a professional game full of awful people.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I would agree. When the golfers kept their mouths shut and focused on the game, not politics, I was interested. As soon as guys openly began flaunting their connections with Trump, being OK taking Saudi sportswashed $$, it really changed a lot for me. I always knew that most pro golfers leaned to the right because, frankly, most of them grew up as spoiled, rich country club brats. As someone who came to golf by playing muni courses with my dad, that’s not something I related to but I enjoyed watching the game be played at such a high level. I was also part of the “Tiger generation” which made a big difference. Now, I have no desire to cheer for Joe Rogan bros and the PGA Tour has shown itself to be no better with their desire to merge with the Saudis and Greg Norman. It’s a professional game full of awful people.

Golf has always been a money game. The whole winning majors and all that is Tour and network talk. Whoever has made the most money playing golf is the best golfer.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Golf has always been a money game. The whole winning majors and all that is Tour and network talk. Whoever has made the most money playing golf is the best golfer.
Such a hollow view of things. As a fan, I’ve never bought into this FWIW.