2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
That was me and I have no information , just wondering. Also wondering if Brewer leaving entered into it at all . I do know VT has another 125 lber that was injured this season and is coming back.
There was buzz months ago of him possibly leaving so I don’t think it has to do with brewer although it could be. Buzz of him staying 125 as well

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Flynn is better than Ventresca. If there’s a chance Iowa State can get Flynn, that’d be a very nice get. He’s had some world-level success too
Don't we have a light weight cuban with the crtc that he could roll with that has also had some world-level success?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Don't we have a light weight cuban with the crtc that he could roll with that has also had some world-level success?
Reineri might be our best recruiting tool for the lightweights. There's a reason we saw the jump we did from Evan Frost last year- the Frost boys and Reineri train a lot together.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022

Announced Transfer​

Dorian Crosby from Bucknell to Gannon

Caleb Coyle from Oregon State to Nebraska-Kearney

Brock Delsignore from NC State to Little Rock

Tommy Askey from App State to Minnesota

Evan Bockman from Utah Valley to Iowa State

Evan Tallmadge from Navy to Pitt

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Whiting is a good one. The Hawks deal was weird, so I can see why he’d be pissed and out the door. Sounds like he might be looking to go 174 at his next home.

Not sure we are a fit, but if MJ wanted to try going 165 then we’ve got a 174 opening.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
The other huge piece to sort out nowadays is NIL $. How do you to give a relatively unknown/new kid money that the current starters/known commodities (for lack of a better term) probably aren't getting.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The other huge piece to sort out nowadays is NIL $. How do you to give a relatively unknown/new kid money that the current starters probably aren't getting.
I would guess a lot of our starters are getting the equivalent of at least a full ride through NIL and or the 9.9 scholarships. But I agree that it is a balancing act. I personally like multiple year guys as Cyclones. I think the Athlete-Fan relationship is a lot better.

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
I like Naak a lot, but doesn't hurt bringing in some competition. Also opens the door to AWA with the Askrens looking for anywhere other than Wisconsin to send their guys
I don't think the Askrens dislike anyone more than Bono and Wisconsin right now in the wrestling world. I know they like Dresser but wouldn't be shocked to see him go to the panther train if he's not worried about wrestling at 184 obviously.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
The other huge piece to sort out nowadays is NIL $. How do you to give a relatively unknown/new kid money that the current starters/known commodities (for lack of a better term) probably aren't getting.
great ?

I guess unfortunately giving incoming unproven commodities NIL money is like top draft picks who turn out out be busts.

you hope for the best, but it may end up being a waste of $

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
I would guess a lot of our starters are getting the equivalent of at least a full ride through NIL and or the 9.9 scholarships. But I agree that it is a balancing act. I personally like multiple year guys as Cyclones. I think the Athlete-Fan relationship is a lot better.
Interesting. Are highly touted non-starters at this point like Naak getting full rides via NIL?

Everybody probably agrees that multi-year guys are preferable.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron