#25 Iowa State at Iowa at 7;00 Tonight

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Love Iowa's beautiful new volleyball playing surface; I wonder why we can't have that at Hilton, instead of playing on the bball court with taped-on lines...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The updates are very much appreciated! Especially when we win. I freaking hate Iowa.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I still don't get why Natalie doesn't play more? She comes in late in the 3rd, gets a big block and a kill.

We really need to work on serve receive, get our serve over, and block! Get this win!

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Biggee dominated that fourth set.

She was really big in the 1st, also. The only thing about her game that worries me, is how often she goes wide on that cut shot. I loved her serving, hope she can get consistent. She was playing close to her hometown, I'm sure it was great for her.

We only hit .077 as a team in the 4th, wow.

Why were we playing the line on the serve so much late? Risk-reward, I guess.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
She was really big in the 1st, also. The only thing about her game that worries me, is how often she goes wide on that cut shot. I loved her serving, hope she can get consistent. She was playing close to her hometown, I'm sure it was great for her.

We only hit .077 as a team in the 4th, wow.

Why were we playing the line on the serve so much late? Risk-reward, I guess.

Goddamnit Walter! You make everything a ******* travesty! At least you didn't mention Vietnam! ha! But seriously, nice win by the ladies! I'll take any win over the nasty Hoks!

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Bigbee was serving? That's new. Looks like Knuth, Bigbee, and Capezio played good.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Bigbee was serving? That's new. Looks like Knuth, Bigbee, and Capezio played good.

she has served in previous games, IIRC, but got a couple aces tonight. I know they've talked about wanting her to be a full-rotation player. Tonight was a good time to try that out.

Hurtt didn't seem to do the greatest, I hope that was just a product of Bigz and Capezio getting more chances and not hangover from her performance last week.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Love Iowa's beautiful new volleyball playing surface; I wonder why we can't have that at Hilton, instead of playing on the bball court with taped-on lines...

I've wondered that myself. I've seen high schools that have these nicer volleyball playing surfaces. Being a year in and year out top 20 program you would think we'd have that.