bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
AAPL is still at a decent price imo. I’m not sure if I can hold out until it drops below $110.
Yeah I bought more this morning when it was 113. Too much coming down the pipe for it to stay low. That new M1 chip is getting stellar reviews and holiday season will blow up.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Yeah I bought more this morning when it was 113. Too much coming down the pipe for it to stay low. That new M1 chip is getting stellar reviews and holiday season will blow up.

Agreed on the M1 chip being a potential game changer. I've been pretty resistant to buying Apple products in general but needed a new home video editing laptop for my wife this Christmas. Had to pull the trigger on a Macbook Air based on the incredible reviews and price point.

Reactions: bos

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

5G Iphones is going to be a big upgrade incentive as well.

• Agree
Reactions: bos

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
No one even pretends anymore that the market is subject to normal mechanisms for price discovery. All that matters is that more fiscal and monetary stimulus is on the way!
Tony Dwyer, chief market strategist at Canaccord Genuity, wrote in a report, “Janet Yellen has exceptional experience, knows how to print money, and should be instrumental in being able to negotiate a near-term fiscal package.”

Mark Haefele, chief investment officer of global wealth management at UBS, wrote, “The former Fed chair is a welcome choice for investors, increasing the chances of strong co-ordination of fiscal and monetary policy.”

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No one even pretends anymore that the market is subject to normal mechanisms for price discovery. All that matters is that more fiscal and monetary stimulus is on the way!

I think the stimulus money should go to getting the vaccine ramped up and administered, that will do more than handing out money.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Really missing* Argent right about now so I could get another good chuckle out of his anti-TSLA stance...

Guy just hated the opportunity to make money - bizarre.

*no, not really

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Really missing* Argent right about now so I could get another good chuckle out of his anti-TSLA stance...

Guy just hated the opportunity to make money - bizarre.

*no, not really
TLSA has only gone up 717% in the past year, he must hate free money.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I think the stimulus money should go to getting the vaccine ramped up and administered, that will do more than handing out money.
I agree 100% But it's so obvious that Wall Street has a huge vested interest in making sure the next stimulus package numbers in the trillions. It's no wonder that Biden had the backing of nearly all the billionaire donors.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I agree 100% But it's so obvious that Wall Street has a huge vested interest in making sure the next stimulus package numbers in the trillions. It's no wonder that Biden had the backing of nearly all the billionaire donors.

With modern US monetary policy you want to be heavily invested in the stock market and real estate. If you don’t you will get left behind.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Should I max my HSA over FSA then? I'm almost 30 and healthy, same for mrs cyfan and baby cyfan. We don't anticipate having many medical expenses this year

Does you both workout side the home? If so, you'll certainly have medical expenses with your new little germ going to and from daycare. Well-child visits, random fevers, ear infections, etc. all add up quickly.

Even if , I would go HSA. Only thing I consider our company's FSA for is daycare expenses. But even that is too risky for me given my wife's evolving career.

I target 1.5 years of max out of pocket expenses in our HSA and invest the rest in a S&P fund.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day we can cash flow medical expenses. Someone correct me if i'm wrong on this, but I believe you can the log receipts and withdraw the expenses later. For example, pay $20 for a medical visit out of pocket today. Keep that $20 invested in your HSA for 30 years and allow it to grow to $100. Then claim the original expense of $20 to withdraw for living expenses in retirement, while still having an extra $80 invested.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Someone correct me if i'm wrong on this, but I believe you can the log receipts and withdraw the expenses later. For example, pay $20 for a medical visit out of pocket today. Keep that $20 invested in your HSA for 30 years and allow it to grow to $100. Then claim the original expense of $20 to withdraw for living expenses in retirement, while still having an extra $80 invested.

That's an interesting strategy I've not heard before. I know you can submit the expenses later and withdraw the cash, but I don't know if there is a time limit on it.

Are you saying you'd like to bankroll all expenses yourself and then, in say 20 years, submit all of them? Submit all expenses in one shot after compounding interest has done its' thing?

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
That's an interesting strategy I've not heard before. I know you can submit the expenses later and withdraw the cash, but I don't know if there is a time limit on it.

Are you saying you'd like to bankroll all expenses yourself and then, in say 20 years, submit all of them? Submit all expenses in one shot after compounding interest has done its' thing?

Basically, yes.

• Winner
Reactions: cyfan21

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Does you both workout side the home? If so, you'll certainly have medical expenses with your new little germ going to and from daycare. Well-child visits, random fevers, ear infections, etc. all add up quickly.

Even if , I would go HSA. Only thing I consider our company's FSA for is daycare expenses. But even that is too risky for me given my wife's evolving career.

I target 1.5 years of max out of pocket expenses in our HSA and invest the rest in a S&P fund.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day we can cash flow medical expenses. Someone correct me if i'm wrong on this, but I believe you can the log receipts and withdraw the expenses later. For example, pay $20 for a medical visit out of pocket today. Keep that $20 invested in your HSA for 30 years and allow it to grow to $100. Then claim the original expense of $20 to withdraw for living expenses in retirement, while still having an extra $80 invested.

Do kids really run up that big of a bill? All of his well child visits are $25 copays. Labs are 100% paid by the plan from my work. I put $1000 in our FSA this year. Should I find a separate HSA then?

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Do kids really run up that big of a bill? All of his well child visits are $25 copays. Labs are 100% paid by the plan from my work. I put $1000 in our FSA this year. Should I find a separate HSA then?

I have a high deductible plan, so I see almost every bill.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

That would work, just need good documentation.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL

Thats what I am doing currently. Keep a nice spreadsheet for the expenses each year, then scan receipt and insurance statement for each expanse. Will expense it at all at once in the future when I decide to retire.

Reactions: cyfan21 and Dopey