EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
  • RV parking is not available for presale nor will a pre-purchased car permit be honored for an RV, bus or other large vehicle.
For those of you much more seasoned tailgaters: I'm bringing a party bus of 35 people up to Ames. We're hoping to set up our own tailgate. Won't be long as we'll get into Ames around 11:00 AM and head out to get somewhere to watch the game around 2:45 PM. What is my best bet here as far as where to park this thing and set up?

Best of luck. Two years ago, I think everything within a mile of the stadium was full by 9am. I know all the public lots were full .I expect it will be crazy like that again.

Reactions: ClonesInDallas

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
If you are talking about TanTara, I thought there was a disagreement last year and they parted ways with Hawkeye football. It might have been over players kneeling, I can't remember.
I live in Muscatine and see those trailers all the time.
I hadn't heard anything about all that. It's been many years!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
All I ask for is better weather, better guest picker, and a better outcome. Maybe Kevin Costner would like to make a repeat visit considering they just had the Field of Dreams game.
Field of Dreams game was a Fox event so I doubt ESPN will draw attention to it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You do realize last time gameday was in Ames the game was on fox sports one right?
Yup, that was run of the mill weekly game. I don't think they are going to try to bring any more attention to the largest single non-playoff MLB game in the last 20 years* that they couldn't get the rights to broadcast.

*This may be hyperbole, I just know it was big, very big.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Any "game watch" sites in sports bars for the UNI game? Our rural internet sucks for streaming so it is not an option for ESPN+.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I really didn't care much at all what Iowa did this week against Indiana..... but now that it sounds like Gameday is coming to Ames..... I REALLY hope Iowa gets absolutely destroyed by Indiana.

That will be the only way to keep the number of Hawk fans in Ames at a minimum. If ISU wins by 30 this week and Iowa loses by 30.... I think a lot of Iowa fans will hopefully stay home if they don't have tickets to the game at least.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I really didn't care much at all what Iowa did this week against Indiana..... but now that it sounds like Gameday is coming to Ames..... I REALLY hope Iowa gets absolutely destroyed by Indiana.

That will be the only way to keep the number of Hawk fans in Ames at a minimum. If ISU wins by 30 this week and Iowa loses by 30.... I think a lot of Iowa fans will hopefully stay home if they don't have tickets to the game at least.

I’d rather Iowa beat a ranked Indiana team, and we dominate Iowa with Gameday there.

That’s all around the best case scenario for Iowa State/Big12.

• Disagree
Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I’d rather Iowa beat a ranked Indiana team, and we dominate Iowa with Gameday there.

That’s all around the best case scenario for Iowa State/Big12.

I want the least number of Iowa fans there giving ISU fans Covid.

If Iowa gets destroyed this week, a good amount of Iowa fans without tickets to the game will stay home IMO.

I really wish Gameday wasn't coming at all. Hope ISU fans boo them the entire time. ESPN is destroying college football.... and especially ISU.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Frak and motorcy90

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I want the least number of Iowa fans there giving ISU fans Covid.

If Iowa gets destroyed this week, a good amount of Iowa fans without tickets to the game will stay home IMO.

I really wish Gameday wasn't coming at all. Hope ISU fans boo them the entire time. ESPN is destroying college football.... and especially ISU.

Lol if Gameday comes to Ames they probably cut it short and leave early. Iowa fans will be there with or without Gameday. It’s their Super Bowl. A win over an Iowa team who already beat a ranked team is better than beating an 0-1 Iowa team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Lol if Gameday comes to Ames they probably cut it short and leave early. Iowa fans will be there with or without Gameday. It’s their Super Bowl. A win over an Iowa team who already beat a ranked team is better than beating an 0-1 Iowa team.

The only thing better than an 0-1 Iowa team is an 0-2 Iowa team IMO.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It might have just been fan service hyperbole, but one of the GameDay hosts (Rece Davis maybe?) said afterward the environment at Ames in 2019 was one of the best they had gotten in years.

No surprise they would be interested in coming back for it. We put on a great show.

Reactions: jcyclonee

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Whoops lol
Eric-Chavez-throws-ball-at-Cody-Eppley.gif