2nd favorite team

AIBClone

Jan 13, 2011
Grimes
I became a big Mike Leach fan recently after doing some research on him. Because of that, I am now a Wazzu fan until he leaves. I kind of followed Minnesota the year we played them in the bowl, but gave up on them when Weber and Decker left.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Mississippi State and Northwestern mostly because they play a bunch of teams I hate so I always seem to be cheering for them. Plus MSU has cowbells. Lucky bastards.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
In football my #2 is Purple Kansas. I also cheer for Central Michigan, Oklahoma St., Big 12 in general outside of conference, Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington, and a lot of underdogs in general. I also always cheer AGAINST Penn St., Ohio St., Nebraska, Notre Dame, the SEC (except Vandy and Kentucky), and USC.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
I am also a fan of the Nevada Wolfpack in addition to the obvious 2 (ISU and Syracuse my alma mater.) I like Providence College since they're my favs in hockey. Obviously they don't play football but I'll definitely like them more in hoops a year from now when Cuse is in the ACC.

Hates:

1. Iowa
2. Texas
3. Penn St
4. Michigan
5. Ohio State

Last edited:

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Grew up in Nebraska, so GBR is a little nostalgic for me. But I find I'm typically a fan of the coaches. If I like the coach, I like the team. Examples: KState (Snyder), OSU (Gundy), LSU (Miles), and while I didn't ever really like Texas Tech, I think Mike Leach is hilarious.

That said, any shred of Nebraska fandom is gone until they get rid of Pelini. What a tool.

And as a guy who likes teams for their coaches, I'm pretty comfortable as an ISU fan and alum. :spinny:

K

KFitzy87

My best friend from high school is a Husker born and raised (both parents went to UNL)... He's a great guy and has made me enjoy rooting for them. He is what you'd call a good Husker fan (rational, realizes they aren't as good as they used to be, but still proud of their tradition). I've made him a secondary ISU fan too!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
In conference: KSU, OSU. Schools that have some things in common with us, and also show that it is possible for us to have a rise to greatness. WVU may be moving themselves on this list as well.

Out of conference: Mississippi State, Washington State, Whoever is playing Iowa or Notre Dame.

Oh, and i almost forgot my favorite thing to cheer for: Chaos. That year that almost everyone that got into the top 2 seemed to lose was awesome.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Oregon = Iowa

Suck. Think about it.

In conference: KSU, OSU,
Out of conference: Woming, Oregon State, Army, Air Force, Wasington State

The only thing similar between Iowa and Oregon is arrogance.. except Oregon has done enough to back it up. I see what you're saying. They have those same stupid "little brother" arguments with OSU, but they deliver on the promise. Iowa looks as ridiculous doing it as someone like washington state or cal would.

Oregon is making decent teams look like high school kids. Arizona does have 2 other losses to ranked teams that were close, but 49-0.. and washington..they may not have deserved to be ranked, but still a decent team. Then ASU on the road, who is just outside the top 25. With many experts picking the upset. They could have beat them by 80 if they wanted to. I really hope this is the year we get to see them play Bama.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I root for the Big 12 in general. I root for who ever Iowa is playing. I root for Norte Dame. I also like the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It used to be WVU. I really loved watching White and Slaton, and I always liked the idea of the Big East punking the SEC.

Now that they're in the Big 12, their success comes at a cost to us. I would put them in the category of Big 12 teams I like to see do well when we don't play them (along with OSU), but they're not a #2 by any stretch of the imagination at this point in time.

I guess I don't really have one. I love Mike Leach, and will root for Wazzu as long he's there. In random games, I root for the underdog. This year, I'm hoping Oregon continues to roll and beats an SEC team in the title game just to end the damn SEC hegemony.