~ 3/19 weather thread ~

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
It's currently in the upper 70's in Iowa...doesn't sound too bad to me. Heck it's been warmer (2-3 degrees) in Iowa the past couple days than here in Texas.

yeah but these storms are looking scary. definitely a NARB killer! i freely use the word 'hate' as a term of endearment

C

CyBer

I love thunderstorms so I guess I'm looking forward to the weather.

C

CyBer

same here...but death by way of tornado would be a quitters way out. thunderstorms are cool. 100 MPH deathtraps are not.

I don't think this is going to produce tornados but I have been wrong before.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
It's currently in the upper 70's in Iowa...doesn't sound too bad to me. Heck it's been warmer (2-3 degrees) in Iowa the past couple days than here in Texas.
yeah but these storms are looking scary. definitely a NARB killer! i freely use the word 'hate' as a term of endearment

I was gonna say these might cause a few NARB's.

But then they wouldn't exactly be "no apparent reason", huh?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I guess if we're going to get summer weather, it makes sense that we'd get summer afternoon storms too.

Its crazy that this time of year precip could easily be a huge snowfall, yet its been 80s for a week, and not supposed to get all that much cooler for awhile.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
You mean this year? Otherwise, I'm so happy for you.

Lol thanks. I've lived in a hole deep in the ground my whole life until today.

What I meant by first time today was that it was looking like it would storm so I posted when I first heard thunder. It isn't the first time I've heard it this year.