***#3 Iowa State at #14 Northern Iowa (Friday, 7:00)***

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
No matter the case of how Dresser got here, i am glad it happened. So thanks to JP and ALL involved.

I don't necessarily think we need a wrestling/vball dedicated facility, but i would like to more promotion by CF, We Will, Pollard, etc.

This program is #3 in the country. LFG get behind this.

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
No matter the case of how Dresser got here, i am glad it happened. So thanks to JP and ALL involved.

I don't necessarily think we need a wrestling/vball dedicated facility, but i would like to more promotion by CF, We Will, Pollard, etc.

This program is #3 in the country. LFG get behind this.
I think lied works well because they can also use that field area but they should honestly have their own facility. The tennis team somehow has their own.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Cael got a LOT of extra $ to go to ped state. In addition to everything else you said, he also was paid an extra $250,000 a year by an attorney to give speeches. No chance ISU was every going to compete with that.

Plus where we were financially when this happened to where we are now isn’t even in the same ballpark. It sucked but we are well in our way to being a successful program right now.

Reactions: VeloClone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not a huge wrestling fan, but was at the match Friday night and had a great time. It was truly a hawk fest in there that night though. Saw several tiger-hawk hats and shirts/coats, and a handful of folks watching the Hawkeye/Michigan match on their phones once that started. The Cyclones are a hated group in that area. I had a guy even ask me after I must have cheered too loudly at one point, where I lived or was from, can't remember now, but when I told him he acted surprised and asked me why I wasn't a hawk fan since I live on the eastern side of the state. Him and that entire 'fan base' can f*** right off.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Not a huge wrestling fan, but was at the match Friday night and had a great time. It was truly a hawk fest in there that night though. Saw several tiger-hawk hats and shirts/coats, and a handful of folks watching the Hawkeye/Michigan match on their phones once that started. The Cyclones are a hated group in that area. I had one guy even ask me where I lived and when I told him he acted surprised and asked me why I wasn't a hawk fan since I live on the eastern side of the state. Him and that entire 'fan base' can f*** right off.
The term “Panther Hawk” is incredibly real.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I'm not far from Cedar Falls....this area despises the Cyclones and cheers for either the panthers or TOE...depending on convenience

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not a huge wrestling fan, but was at the match Friday night and had a great time. It was truly a hawk fest in there that night though. Saw several tiger-hawk hats and shirts/coats, and a handful of folks watching the Hawkeye/Michigan match on their phones once that started. The Cyclones are a hated group in that area. I had a guy even ask me after I must have cheered too loudly at one point, where I lived or was from, can't remember now, but when I told him he acted surprised and asked me why I wasn't a hawk fan since I live on the eastern side of the state. Him and that entire 'fan base' can f*** right off.
Oh, I do live near UNI and it is very real. A good three-forths of the fanbase is this way.

However and what’s super interesting is that there are legit, true hardcore UNI fans. Several of my buddies are (some played for Farley). By and large, this section of the fanbase absolutely hates Iowa. They think similar to what we do about the Hawks. They don’t like ISU much either but when Iowa plays ISU, they are rooting for us.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Oh, I do live near UNI and it is very real. A good three-forths of the fanbase is this way.

However and what’s super interesting is that there are legit, true hardcore UNI fans. Several of my buddies are (some played for Farley). By and large, this section of the fanbase absolutely hates Iowa. They think similar to what we do about the Hawks. They don’t like ISU much either but when Iowa plays ISU, they are rooting for us.
As a UNI alum, I am still an ISU fan first. Maybe that makes me a Panther Clone? I'm not sure, haha. But likewise, will always cheer for UNI when they play Iowa in anything. I am happy to see them win in any sport whenever they aren't playing Iowa State

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
As a UNI alum, I am still an ISU fan first. Maybe that makes me a Panther Clone? I'm not sure, haha. But likewise, will always cheer for UNI when they play Iowa in anything. I am happy to see them win in any sport whenever they aren't playing Iowa State
How many times has UNI played Iowa in Football, MBB, WBB, etc in the past, 10 years?

They duck them like crazy.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
How many times has UNI played Iowa in Football, MBB, WBB, etc in the past, 10 years?

They duck them like crazy.
Who ducks? I assume you mean Iowa ducks? And speaking of that, what's the reasoning for Iowa refusing to wrestle UNI? I don't think Schwab and Brands are that tight anymore

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Asking anyone who was at the meet: While watching the highlights it sounded like there was booing every time an ISU wrestler scored. Was that actual booing going on just for an ISU wrestler being successful? Was I mishearing it?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Asking anyone who was at the meet: While watching the highlights it sounded like there was booing every time an ISU wrestler scored. Was that actual booing going on just for an ISU wrestler being successful? Was I mishearing it?
Someone that was very close to the commentators was very vocal about their displeasure with anything Iowa State was doing

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone