3 of the last 4 years

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Just my $0.02, Iowa State basketball didn't have a pulse until Fred came in and put us on the map. We were big time, nationwide. Must watch TV. We were all ******* proud of this basketball program, of Hilton.

And with all the momentum one could ask for in taking over this program, Prohm ***** the bed. Hilton was an embarrassment last year. We made fun of Freds defense when Prohms doesn't look much better, and his style of offense belongs to the 60's.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Losing always sucks, but I didn't think we played too badly tonight. Most nights when you make only 4/23 3-point shots you're going to lose. I didn't think shot selection was too bad; just a really off shooting night from the perimeter.

I would say that tonight's SDSU team is probably the best "mid-major" team we've lost too. I know, silly thing to write, but it's not like we lost to FAMU tonight. They reminded me a lot of some of UNI's better teams; bunch of white guys who don't look like much, but can absolutely shoot and ball.

If we have Trae Jackson and maybe even a healthy Xavier Foster I think we win. Solo was great tonight, too bad it had to be in a losing effort.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
So aside from the money aspect is there anyone that thinks Prohm should keep his job?

I think the only legitimate excuse is Haliburton and THT were not expected to be done so quickly.

We've got solid freshman this year and a stud PG coming in next year.

We're stuck anyway. But if he coaches any of these young guys into another high draft pick without creating a team that can actually win, it should be obvious that we need to go another direction.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Remember what it took for Pollard to fire Rhoads right? Even though we all knew he should be canned it took that epic meltdown at Kansas St for firing to finally happen.
And he’s proven to let things go longer with Basketball. Here are our records with McDermott
15-16
14-18
15-16
15-17
After all that, and losing almost everyone, we were still going to bring him back for a 5th year. We may have awhile yet of this.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I’m all in on Prohm through next year. The roster is clearly upgraded from an athletic and potential perspective from last year. Foster, Bolton, Johnson, MSU transfer, 4 star guard...not too mention Harris and Jackson and the other freshmen being a year older. Prohm’s best coaching and team building will be in the next 10 games, IMO. It will be rough, but how do they grind through, grow and hopefully find some success and run into some good wins to put a good taste on a short and difficult year.