3 of the last 4 years

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
They were No.4 in the nation 5 years ago when Matt Campbell was just hired and spoke at halftime.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Winner
Reactions: bostrem00

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
There’s no way you can fire the guy with the recruits he’s brought in, especially thanks to COVID. Miraculously he continues to buy himself time when he’s killed the magic and proven time and time again he just isn’t a good coach. I like the guy but it’s just time to move on

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hell of it is that should never happen but if we’re honest nobody’s really that surprised.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
There’s no way you can can the guy with the recruits he’s brought in. Miraculously he continues to buy himself time when he’s killed the magic and proven time and time again he just isn’t a good coach. I like the guy but it’s just time to move on

COVID really threw a wrench into the coaching carousel. I think if there was a school or two towards where he and his wife are from that wanted him he would have taken it.

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa
I’m all in on Prohm through next year. The roster is clearly upgraded from an athletic and potential perspective from last year. Foster, Bolton, Johnson, MSU transfer, 4 star guard...not too mention Harris and Jackson and the other freshmen being a year older. Prohm’s best coaching and team building will be in the next 10 games, IMO. It will be rough, but how do they grind through, grow and hopefully find some success and run into some good wins to put a good taste on a short and difficult year.
Agreed. Between Prohm’s recruiting success with players leaving early and his recruiting misses he has not been able to establish a roster for more than a year or two. Thats where Fred had his success. This freshmen class looks to have multiple 3-4 year guys (fingers crossed) and Hunter coming in next year. This roster is a huge talent upgrade that is trying to gel with 7 newcomers and lost to a NCAA tourney team by 3 while shooting 17% from 3. While Iowa State should win a game like this, the sky is not falling.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Agreed. Between Prohm’s recruiting success with players leaving early and his recruiting misses he has not been able to establish a roster for more than a year or two. Thats where Fred had his success. This freshmen class looks to have multiple 3-4 year guys (fingers crossed) and Hunter coming in next year. This roster is a huge talent upgrade that is trying to gel with 7 newcomers and lost to a NCAA tourney team by 3 while shooting 17% from 3. While Iowa State should win a game like this, the sky is not falling.

In a vacuum, you are right. But stack on 2 basically last place finishes within the last 3 years. And it becomes a pattern.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think the roster has the pieces to be a solid team even by year's end and especially next year. The biggest gripe I have is honestly the offense we run. It is awful and puts me to sleep. I mean college hoops in general is really tough to watch lately. AAU ball has killed a lot of great fundamental basketball. That Kansas/Kentucky game last night was almost unwatchable, and those are two of the biggest blue bloods you can find.

But our offense is so stagnant and just looks like it has no rhyme or reason. At least be exciting to watch, but man it's a rough watch the last couple of years.

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa
In a vacuum, you are right. But stack on 2 basically last place finishes within the last 3 years. And it becomes a pattern.
One year you lose Morris, Thomas, Burton, Naz, and 2 grad transfers which left you with 6 open scholarships and the other year you lose Lindell which shouldnt have left, THT which was not expected to be a one and done and your leading scorer in Shayok. You cannot be a consistent winner with that typer of turnover every year. Only blue bloods can recruit to that kind of turnover.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I think the roster has the pieces to be a solid team even by year's end and especially next year. The biggest gripe I have is honestly the offense we run. It is awful and puts me to sleep. I mean college hoops in general is really tough to watch lately. AAU ball has killed a lot of great fundamental basketball. That Kansas/Kentucky game last night was almost unwatchable, and those are two of the biggest blue bloods you can find.

But our offense is so stagnant and just looks like it has no rhyme or reason. At least be exciting to watch, but man it's a rough watch the last couple of years.
After the mini comeback I was like okay we showed some signs of life maybe we’re not thatttt bad and then I watched the rest of the Gonzaga game and was like wow is this even the same sport as the game I just watched.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
After the mini comeback I was like okay we showed some signs of life maybe we’re not thatttt bad and then I watched the rest of the Gonzaga game and was like wow is this even the same sport as the game I just watched.
I watched a lot of that game.
I posted in the gameday thread WV is going to eat us alive.
(So would Gonzaga)

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and NWICY