***#6 Iowa State at Collegiate Duals (Dec. 19-20)***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ok people, it’s time to show your appreciation and support for what this team is doing.

CRTC and pack Hilton when they get back home for Wyoming and ASU.

Do it!!
Oh, I’m there the whole weekend. ASU too! 113, where u at?!?!?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So close to winning this thing... even with the forfeit at HWT. If Coleman gets his pin like he should have, and Bastida just pulls out a decision on Dean.

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
Man Starocci has become so unlikeable. Post match interview “we peak in the postseason. Iowa state peaked today. It’ll be fun seeing us improve and them decline”. @Tigerguy_ have Dresser put that in the locker room
Wow, thought him and David were pretty good friends. Mekhi is beating him in the finals this year

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Remaining home schedule:

Sat Jan 07 - Wyoming
Sun Jan 08 - #4 Arizona State
Fri Jan 27 - Oklahoma
Sun Jan 29 - #13 Oklahoma State
Sun Feb 12 - Illinois
We will steamroll Wyoming (they got hammered by the portal), but ASU will be a stiff test. Intermat has them at 4 for Dual
125 - #5
133 - #4
141 - #19
149 - #4
157 - NR
165 - #28
174 - NR
184 - #18
197 - #18
HWT - #4

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Just awesome wrestling from ISU this weekend.

Some thoughts

Cabanban is a well above avg backup. He’s not a big step down from terukina. Perryman looked good against Kaylor too.

Ramazan presented himself well against the two best guys at 133 this weekend. I’m starting to think he has an outside shot to AA.

Redding was put in a tough spot wrestling up
a weight, still battled every position. Would’ve loved to see swiderski against Cornella & bartlett

Paniro is the real deal. That win over Van Ness is going to be huge for seeding in March - i have a feeling van ness isn’t going to be taking many losses

Kraisser gives himself a chance in every match with his scrambling. Competes hard, hopefully he can qualify and win a match or two at ncaas.

Carr took care of business, starting to look more comfortable up at 165

Broderson competed hard, he saved team points against cornell& psu by continuing to compete

Marcus. Coleman. What a win! Brooks was pinned.

Yonger Bastida has huge nuts for going up 60 lbs and getting the dub vs cornell, and a nice win against oregon st. I’m encouraged he was able to get away against Dean underneath, bodes well for a potential rematch

Hope Schuyler is OK

Awesome job Dresser and coaching staff. This team is so fun.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Thanks everyone for letting me follow along your posts.
We’re not like Hawk wrestling fans at eat outsiders. You’re welcome anytime to join in on the fun, brother! Get on the train now before there’s no room!

Reactions: GMackey32

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Remaining home schedule:

Sat Jan 07 - Wyoming
Fri Jan 27 - Oklahoma
Sun Feb 12 - Illinois
The devils will be tough and exciting. But man… at home, we are going to beat Okie St’s ASS.

Reactions: GMackey32

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
My breakdown of the weekend.
125 - Cabanban - had a good weekend, 2-0. Perryman had a solid showing against a top 10 guy. Solid overall seeing our starter is out.
133 - Ramazan - pretty good weekend, went 1-2, beat #16, but his two losses were to #1 and #3, he could be a dark horse to AA.
141 - Redding - went 1-2, beat #18 lost to #16 and #4. I'd say had he been at 141 all year he may have been able to pull another win off. I feel good about Swiz's chances to AA at this point.
149 - Paniro - went 2-1 and his one loss was to #1 3x champ in OT. Also beat #13. I also feel really good about Paniro's chances to AA.
157 - Kraisser - honestly besides coleman's big win, i was most impressed by Jason, he hung in there went 2-1 on the weekend. He lost to PSU's stud freshman, but the other two wins are probably against people he could be competing with to qualify for nationals.
165- Carr- What can you say, he is our team leader and showed it. went 3-0 with 3 ranked wins (#8, #18, #17). Would have loved to see more points against PSU, but he was never in danger of losing imo. He does need to find a way to score on these defensive guys.8 gu
174 - Broderson - went 1-2. Was disappointed against Cornell, but he hung in there and didn't give up a tech fall being down like 13-0 after the 1st. Had a good match against the #1 guy as well. His losses were to #1 and #6.
184 - Coleman - went 2-1. Beat the #1 guy, beat a top 25 guy up a weight, and lost to a #8 guy. His loss shows you that you can't spot top guys points, just like his win vs #1 Brooks. Still great weekend and that win could propel him up the podium come March, also he PINNED Brooks. Also nice bump up win by Devine in a crucial match
197 - Yonger - went 2-1. He beat a top 12 97lber and a top 15 HWT. Lost a tough one to Dean, but his bump up to HWT against Cornell giving up 60lbs was epic.
HWT - Schulyer - went 1-0, Had a great major against Oregon State, hopefully his injury doesn't keep him out too long. I wonder if Schon is ready to go if needed.

Overall great team performances, our team is battle tested and the effort is off the charts. Can't remember the last team we had like this, probably KJ's first year or Cael's last year, although i think this team is more agressive than those teams. Can't wait for the rest of the year!!

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Remaining home schedule:

Sat Jan 07 - Wyoming
Fri Jan 27 - Oklahoma
Sun Feb 12 - Illinois
When's the last time we were ranked ahead of Okla State?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron