***#7 Iowa State at #2 Iowa (Sunday, 1:30)***

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa had a solid class coming in people have reported here. Now let’s look at their current ones that were considered good wrestlers coming in, the brands have made them into defensive wrestlers. Less than half their wrestlers took shots. Many of their shots and points were on counters when you throw out Lees points. Lee is a generational wrestler.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Bummer we couldn't pull off the vicory yesterday, but nothing but positvity coming from me right now. Team was clearly more aggresive and looking for their offense. Im guessing the shot differential would prove that. Team is still super young and we went toe to toe with their best lineup. After yesterday I am also guessing that the nationwide wrestling community is starting to look at and appreicate what Dresser and Co. are doing here at Iowa State. Go Cyclones!
For the most part, our team showed confidence yesterday and we won most of the close ones.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The Hoks were not their usual aggressive selves (outside of a couple of matches). This team ran scared of ISU... nice to see! The Woods match was infuriating.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Hoks were not their usual aggressive selves (outside of a couple of matches). This team ran scared of ISU... nice to see! The Woods match was infuriating.
I'd say the hawkeyes haven't been aggressive, outside of a few wrestlers, for awhile. They have become more and more defensive. Remember, Iowa fans believe fun is a four letter word with wrestling. Aggressive to them means heavy hands and pushing on the other wrestler. Pushing isn't offense, it's just pushing and many times used to just tire out the other wrestler so when the second or third period comes, they can hit a tight waist, knee the calf and ride them out for the win. Their shots have become counters more and more over time.

I will qualify my aggressive statement with, when they wrestle a top 20 wrestler. If they wrestle a poor wrestler, then they will hit a few shots just like every other decent wrestler will. Lee was aggressive in the first period, then you had to go to 57 before they seemed aggressive (our 57 is not that solid), 65 looked scared to be out there for the most part, 74 was aggressive against a true freshman that gave up an early lead by doing true freshman things, 84 and 97 did very little until they had to and then couldn't finish anything, Hwt got the take down and then rode Sam hard and then basically gassed out by the third.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Stupid Yonger. I know we hate these guys but can't do that.
I hate that I wrote this the way that I did. I was saying the action was stupid. Yonger has been one of my all-time favorite Cyclones. I know most of you thought it was fine, each to his own. I just want to apologize to the young man that I chose my words poorly in the moment.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Don't know if this has been posted yet. Dresser covers a lot of ground, talking about nearly every match. Says Gaitan is beating everyone in the room. Brands doesn't want to talk to the media but does (a little). A contrast in personalities.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I’m not believing anything from Mineo and would have to hear it from someone on the ISU team. Not that I put this past Iowa fans (and unfortunately most of the state of Iowa in general).

Mineo also posted this about 5 minutes before the dual yesterday.

645DD410-9181-48F3-A628-CE6181C7582C.jpeg

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
I’m not believing anything from Mineo and would have to hear it from someone on the ISU team. Not that I put this past Iowa fans (and unfortunately most of the state of Iowa in general).

Mineo also posted this about 5 minutes before the dual yesterday.

View attachment 106365
I’m not a Pat fan, can’t stand him actually but he isn’t going to just make up an allegation like that.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Why do I feel like that is actually exactly like something Pat would do?
It is exactly what he would do. Run with something that he heard with questionable verification because it is sure to cause a stir and get him a lot of attention.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
Why do I feel like that is actually exactly like something Pat would do?
I would hope he’d draw the line with racism allegations. Iowa fans were screaming and engaging with both Marcus and Yonger for an extended period of time after their matches. Coleman stopped multiple times walking to the tunnel to look at Iowa fans yelling at him.