***#7 Iowa State at #2 Iowa (Sunday, 1:30)***

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Did I miss something with Coleman? He looked pretty composed after his match.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would hope he’d draw the line with racism allegations. Iowa fans were screaming and engaging with both Marcus and Yonger for an extended period of time after their matches. Coleman stopped multiple times walking to the tunnel to look at Iowa fans yelling at him.
Asked a couple people who I knew were there. They said the identical stuff that you said here.

Reactions: CyCity

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Gremmel said pretty much the same thing in the video posted the other day. When wrestling in Iowa City, you get heckled.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Gremmel said pretty much the same thing in the video posted the other day. When wrestling in Iowa City, you get heckled.
Gannon is convinced Iowa pays them to sit there and do that.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
I never heard this being yelled, so if it happened it wasn't a loud or it was just a couple of guys
It was loud in there though
I’ve seen people on Twitter come forward and say they heard it. I didn’t hear it in my section luckily.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Iowa fans were heckling him the whole way to the tunnel.
Fans gonna be fans and Hoks gonna be Hoks. But from what I have ever witnessed, Marcus has been a great competitor and has always conducted himself with great respect and humility. He is not immune to insults and stupidity, but I cannot seeing him reacting in any way that would not reflect well upon himself, the sport or the University. I think that he is a classy competitor. Respect!

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Gannon is convinced Iowa pays them to sit there and do that.

Anyone remember the Terapin heckler? I met him at a Richmond Open a few years ago. Robin Ficker, I believe his name was. He was VERY LOUD and made himself known. He was a lawyer by trade, but a huge sprots fan. He told me that he was paid by Charles Barkley to sit behind the opposing bench (I can't recall right now if it was Detroit, or someone else) during a playoff game and heckle the other team. Pretty funny stuff. He was a good dude, never over the line, but boy could he be heard. So, I don't doubt that it happens, but I would be a bit surprised if Little Tommy and co. were shelling money for it, especially if any of it crossed the lines. Let that get out and it would explode in a hurry.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
To me our guy started the post match stuff out of frustration. But Woods carried it out way too long. He fits right in to that cult.
Swiderski might have “started it”, but it was only to let Woods know he’s coming for him. Woods freaked when Casey almost put him on his back. After that sequence, Woods ran like a *****. Casey was just reminding him.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Fans gonna be fans and Hoks gonna be Hoks. But from what I have ever witnessed, Marcus has been a great competitor and has always conducted himself with great respect and humility. He is not immune to insults and stupidity, but I cannot seeing him reacting in any way that would not reflect well upon himself, the sport or the University. I think that he is a classy competitor. Respect!
All I was told was that he "waved" back at them.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
All I was told was that he "waved" back at them.

Did he get a finger caught up in Assad's headgear during one of the tie-ups? Maybe he was just letting Hok fans know that it was OK. I don't know of anyone that is seriously insulted by catching a bird. Verbal insults are more suspect. Stuff yelled at Gomez obviously crossed the line. The rest is just talking smack.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did he get a finger caught up in Assad's headgear during one of the tie-ups? Maybe he was just letting Hok fans know that it was OK. I don't know of anyone that is seriously insulted by catching a bird. Verbal insults are more suspect. Stuff yelled at Gomez obviously crossed the line. The rest is just talking smack.
Yeah no issues, and I don't care. I could have put the lol at the end of it, but I kinda assumed everyone would just think it was funny.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
I'm sure there will be some opens that the freshman and backups will take part in. I know the UNI Open is this Saturday, I'm sure some of our freshman who haven't used up their 5 events will enter

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron