***#7 Iowa State at #3 Oklahoma State (Sunday, 2:00)***

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Announcers not giving us much credit. Very Disappointing we were the aggressors and those 2 guys have been calling meets for quite some time. Ferrari being out was the problem is all they would talk about.
Kyven G is so good and does a great job staying neutral. Well at least IMO.

Reactions: stuclone

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
The ca4cy instant reaction you've all been dying for...

125. Really solid win for Kysen. He stayed aggressive even with rhe lead and earned every bit of thar win.

133- Attasaouv presented himself pretty well against an elite guy. Good job of keeping it to a decision.

141- Best I've seen Parker look in a while. He still isn't opening up but he was never on danger of losing that match.

149- Degan has no leg attacks. He had a great chance to win it but only because Gfeller kept giving him chances to counter. He's been a good kid and a good Cyclone but he is what he is.

157- David kept the pace up for the most part. I didn't think he was going to get the major but he stayed after it and gave us some much needed cushion. He's going to be one of the best we've ever had.

165- Workmanlike match out of Judge. Wittlake turned up the heat late looking to get back points but Judge stayed solid.

174- Devine never really came close to getting a td. I keep hoping to see it but there isn't a ton of offense at this weight no matter who's out there.

184- Marcus looks the best he ever has. Geer got in on some shots but was never close to scoring. Marcus looks strong, healthy, and ready to take a run at an (possibly high) AA finish.

197- Yonder ran a clinic and got the major which was huge for the team score. He might have gotten the tech if not for the 30 seconds he spent getting away in the 3rd but that's picking nits. He and Coleman are the poster children for this coaching staff.

Hwt- Solid match. Kept good position and stayed off his back. I think he opens up that score next time without.a dual hanging in the balance.

We were the better, more aggressive team. Whatever OSU has going on, we deserved that win. And J. Carl and Leroy can kiss my ass. Seriously the most homerish announcers I've heard in any sport in a while. I think Dolph and Ed would've been more objective.

Congrats to the boys. That was a fun swing through Oklahoma. Let's build on it!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I’m a very fair weather wrestling fan, but I caught the last match and that was awesome. Great to see Dresser turning things around.

Among the 4 sports people actually watch in this state (FB, MBB, WBB, WR), it’s been 20 years since we were this solid in all of them

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
If Kysen doesn’t wrestle like trash against OU, he’s probably ranked top 12 early next week. Unfortunate loss, but great makeup match today. Hopefully the team keeps progressing and we see a peak in March

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold and OKClones

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The ca4cy instant reaction you've all been dying for...

125. Really solid win for Kysen. He stayed aggressive even with rhe lead and earned every bit of thar win.

133- Attasaouv presented himself pretty well against an elite guy. Good job of keeping it to a decision.

141- Best I've seen Parker look in a while. He still isn't opening up but he was never on danger of losing that match.

149- Degan has no leg attacks. He had a great chance to win it but only because Gfeller kept giving him chances to counter. He's been a good kid and a good Cyclone but he is what he is.

157- David kept the pace up for the most part. I didn't think he was going to get the major but he stayed after it and gave us some much needed cushion. He's going to be one of the best we've ever had.

165- Workmanlike match out of Judge. Wittlake turned up the heat late looking to get back points but Judge stayed solid.

174- Devine never really came close to getting a td. I keep hoping to see it but there isn't a ton of offense at this weight no matter who's out there.

184- Marcus looks the best he ever has. Geer got in on some shots but was never close to scoring. Marcus looks strong, healthy, and ready to take a run at an (possibly high) AA finish.

197- Yonder ran a clinic and got the major which was huge for the team score. He might have gotten the tech if not for the 30 seconds he spent getting away in the 3rd but that's picking nits. He and Coleman are the poster children for this coaching staff.

Hwt- Solid match. Kept good position and stayed off his back. I think he opens up that score next time without.a dual hanging in the balance.

We were the better, more aggressive team. Whatever OSU has going on, we deserved that win. And J. Carl and Leroy can kiss my ass. Seriously the most homerish announcers I've heard in any sport in a while. I think Dolph and Ed would've been more objective.

Congrats to the boys. That was a fun swing through Oklahoma. Let's build on it!

I thought they were kinda funny in an honest wrestling fan from Oklahoma way. The one guy was obsessed with trying to tally the score based on future matchups. I think we all do that in our head, but he was all over it every match.

I haven't watched wrestling as closely as I did when Cael was coaching here. It's difficult to know what a takedown is these days. The defense has gotten so good and goofy that it seems random at times. That ref today was atrocious on both sides.

Reactions: CyGold

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
If Kysen doesn’t wrestle like trash against OU, he’s probably ranked top 12 early next week. Unfortunate loss, but great makeup match today. Hopefully the team keeps progressing and we see a peak in March
I wish i saw something that made me more confident he deserves to be in the top 12. He had a hell of a ride and props to him, but Mastrogiovanni did absolutely nothing all match. I still like where Kysen is at when he can put a full match together though.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I thought they were kinda funny in an honest wrestling fan from Oklahoma way. The one guy was obsessed with trying to tally the score based on future matchups. I think we all do that in our head, but he was all over it every match.

I haven't watched wrestling as closely as I did when Cael was coaching here. It's difficult to know what a takedown is these days. The defense has gotten so good and goofy that it seems random at times. That ref today was atrocious on both sides.
Oh yeah ref was garage all day long. Announcers ehhh whatever they are ok state homers it's to be expected. Great showing by our guys. Setting up for an awesome dual against UNI. Schwab has them rolling this weekend.

Reactions: farcyted

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

I wouldn't have a problem if I was sitting in a bar or somebody's basement with them. I don't mind a little hometown spin but what we heard today had no place on a national broadcast.

That said, I really don't care that much. I AM happy to be able to watch so I'll take it. I'm laughing about it more than anything. I probably bitched too much about it, although the incessant stall on ISU discussion got really old

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
I wish i saw something that made me more confident he deserves to be in the top 12. He had a hell of a ride and props to him, but Mastrogiovanni did absolutely nothing all match. I still like where Kysen is at when he can put a full match together though.
Exactly his ranking is about right 15-20. Top 12 guys rarely have matches like Friday night. Kysen had several matches like Friday night last year. He needs to show more consistency and definitely more smarts.
Today was absolutely a great start!!!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
UNI 17 over #21 Oklahoma 15

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Grades:

125: A, Mastro hammered him in high school, closed the gap last year and rode tough and won every position on the mat today. Good job.

133: B, didn’t give up bonus to a world champion and this time a loss was a win for the team.

141: A, did what he was expected to do. Isn’t flashy, isn’t a pinner, but he’s a tough out for this team.

149: C, the good news is that he performed better than Friday. The bad news is that he’s been figured out by everyone.

157: A, bonus against a guy who slows it way down. Way better than Friday.

165: C, he is what he is.

174: C, he is what he is.

184: A, dominant performance against a decent guy.

197: A, did what he was supposed to do.

285: B, didn’t go to his back, but that match didn’t need to be close.

Bonus Grades:

Coaches: I’m old enough to remember going to Okie state a few years back and winning one match. And going to nationals and scoring one point. The arrow is pointing up.

Singlets: A+, those are the only ones that you need to wear. Ever. Burn the ones from Friday and use those God awful white ones to start the fire.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Didn’t expect Keck to have that close a match. Geer had similar problems with Coleman. He could get in on a single and then Coleman would overpower him, similar to what Parker was doing on Saturday. Parker has looked like a serious title contender the majority of this year. And why didn’t Justin Thomas go? That’s the difference in the dual

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Didn’t expect Keck to have that close a match. Geer had similar problems with Coleman. He could get in on a single and then Coleman would overpower him, similar to what Parker was doing on Saturday. Parker has looked like a serious title contender the majority of this year. And why didn’t Justin Thomas go? That’s the difference in the dual
Moore has probably wrestled Keck about 69 times

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
UNI in West Gym will be a dog fight.