***#8 Iowa State vs #4 Iowa (Sunday, 2:00)***

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Iowa State will win 174.
I feel like Arnold is a nightmare matchup for MJ. Arnold doesn’t open up. He stays in extremely solid position and is explosive. He’ll pick his spot with one shot that he blasts through and finishes without a scramble. MJ wants to elongate the exchanges and capitalize on mistakes. Don’t think he’ll have much opportunity.

I’d much rather MJ have Kennedy who is going to get in on legs but struggle to finish.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
If Terukina has turned a new leaf according to those in the know, why are we giving Ayala so much credit? He's done no more in his college career than Terukina.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looks like we will have an extra ticket for the CyHok meet. Section 112 Row 3. Great seat near the mat. $150.

P.S. Will need confirmation of Cyclone fan status.

• Dislike
Reactions: crablegs

cywr89

May 14, 2009
If Terukina has turned a new leaf according to those in the know, why are we giving Ayala so much credit? He's done no more in his college career than Terukina.
Because this is what ISU fans do. They find the one match that an ISU wrestler doesn’t wrestle well and then assume that’s the wrestler they will see for the rest of their career. If an Iowa wrestler gets beat by an inferior wrestler then he had a bad match and will wrestle like a National Champ the next time. I have never figured out that mind set.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Terukina has a high ceiling. He’s also had some WTF losses in there too. At his best, he’s definitely an AA guy.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Terukina has a high ceiling. He’s also had some WTF losses in there too. At his best, he’s definitely an AA guy.
I’m actual curious, can you name more than 2 losses to non- top 20 guys in his career? I can only think of last year loss against the CBU kid and his last match of 2021-2022 season against Shawyer at the NCAAs.

I just think Kysen has kind of got a bad wrap and has had way more top 10 wins than non-top 20 losses.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I’m actual curious, can you name more than 2 losses to non- top 20 guys in his career? I can only think of last year loss against the CBU kid and his last match of 2021-2022 season against Shawyer at the NCAAs.

I just think Kysen has kind of got a bad wrap and has had way more top 10 wins than non-top 20 losses.
The thing is, we’re judging him on losses outside the top 12, not the top 20. When he shows flashes of beating AAs, it is very disappointing to see him consistently lose to guys ranked #15.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
How full does Hilton get for this matchup? Just curious as someone working in Ames tomorrow preparing for people coming in before and after the meet.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016

He had a disappointing season end two years ago, before the injury, going 1-3 in the Big 12s (finishing 8th, below seed). Then, after an at-large bid, he went 0-2 at Nationals. He looks really good this season and Dresser seems to have confidence in him so hope that remains.

Reactions: 4theheckofit