80 New Club Section Seats Left

DMBclone

Nov 27, 2006
Kansas City, MO
80 New Club Section Seats Left - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports

AMES, Iowa -- Fans, who sit in Iowa State’s newly remodeled Jack Trice Stadium Club Section this fall, will have the best of both worlds in a 542-seat, state-of-the-art, fan-friendly spectator seating environment. Demand has been significant for the completely overhauled and upgraded area and only 80 seats are still available in this new seating area that will be open-air but sheltered from the elements by a roof featuring radiant heat.

The new club section will include an air-conditioned and heated lounge area as well. Television monitors will grace both the seating area and the lounge. Club Section members will also have access to a complimentary game-day buffet before taking their premium outdoor Club Section seats with chair backs and cup holders. A reserved parking space adjacent to Jack Trice Stadium is included among the many club amenities.

“The club interior is being totally renovated and expanded to accommodate the new buffet area that includes new private restrooms and a private sports bar,†Iowa State associate athletics director for development Joan Bowles said. “We wanted to make the club section more comfortable – whatever the weather conditions – while keeping it open air so our fans are intimately part of the game.â€

Purchasing one of the prime seats centered between the 30-yard lines is dependant upon maintaining a Victory Level ($5,000) or above Cyclone Club annual contribution. This qualifies the donor to purchase up to four tickets in the club section. The annual Club Section seat price is $1,500 and requires a three-year commitment. Cyclone fans currently sitting in the Club Section had first option to retain their seats, beginning in 2008.

The new Club Section is part of the initial stage of stadium renovations that began the day after Iowa State’s victory over Colorado Nov. 10, under the watchful eye of ISU athletics director Jamie Pollard, architects from RDG Planning and Design and The Weitz Company construction manager Ben Bruns. Bruns, a former All-America center at Iowa State is coordinating the project, which includes the construction of two new suite buildings and restroom-concession facilities on the stadium’s west side.

The Club Section expansion project on Jack Trice Stadium’s east side will loft the area’s center section to provide natural lighting and give a spacious feel to the structure that will include a new main entrance.

“It will be a completely different experience for Club Section members,†Bowles said. “The reason we have already sold so many seats is the ideal combination of comfort and service while still being a very real part of the game.â€

Fans interested in the Cyclone Club Section experience and possible charitable deduction advantages for members should call the Cyclone Club at 515-294-3372 or e-mail questions to [email protected].

The project is slated to be finished Aug. 1.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I'm going to $2500 in my donation this year. If my stupid company would match my gift like most all of my tailgaiting buddies then I could be at the $5K required.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
Anyone notice the new rendering of the renovation on the article? I wish they would reveal all of these new images...

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Club section will generate nearly $1.5M, minimum. Jumping the NCC donation to $5k as the minimum requirement might be a problem for me (not to mention the 4 seats we hold, for a total of $11K...) And that's really $33, siting the three year commitment...

Now the question is, how much is a west-side suite and is there a minimum donation level? $25k sticks out in my mind as the annual price, but that's a few more seats...

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I'm going to $2500 in my donation this year. If my stupid company would match my gift like most all of my tailgaiting buddies then I could be at the $5K required.

Very nice! :smile: That of course doesn't include the $1500 per seat...

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Suite Price is $40,000 annually, with a minimum 10 year committment, with a 3% annual inflation price rider on the suite.

However, it is a bargain that it only requires a $5,000 donation. All but 4 of the suites have already been sold.

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006
Club section will generate nearly $1.5M, minimum. Jumping the NCC donation to $5k as the minimum requirement might be a problem for me (not to mention the 4 seats we hold, for a total of $11K...) And that's really $33, siting the three year commitment...

Now the question is, how much is a west-side suite and is there a minimum donation level? $25k sticks out in my mind as the annual price, but that's a few more seats...

$30K for 24 existing suites (Geoffrey gets the 25th for free) and $40k for the 24 new ones. That is according to this (page 3):

http://www.cyclones.com//pdf4/60554.pdf

Last edited:

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
I was thinking about this too. Here in Omaha at the Creighton games, alcohol is sold and pretty much everyone is buying it...obviously. Is there something that says ISU can't sell it in Hilton or what? That would be a big revenue generator in both facilities I would think.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I was thinking about this too. Here in Omaha at the Creighton games, alcohol is sold and pretty much everyone is buying it...obviously. Is there something that says ISU can't sell it in Hilton or what? That would be a big revenue generator in both facilities I would think.

I'm pretty sure it's an NCAA rule. If the city owns the venue, then it's up to the city. Much like the Metrodome during Gopher games.

Now that was a lot of fun when we went up there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron