_

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I can't get over what a stud this guy is. I've never seen anyone just throw the ball with so little effort so precise and on the money. Every single time.

He's the closest college player to Mike Vick I've ever seen, hell he's better IMO because of how damn accurate he is.:eek:

Last edited:

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
That is a perfect example of coaching - some coach evaluated him as a WR and another came in and changed him to QB and the rest is history.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I thought he was incredible. The focus he showed in staying awake for four quarters against ISU ... what a gamer!

Seriously, he was incredible. Best QB I've seen this year.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
That is a perfect example of coaching - some coach evaluated him as a WR and another came in and changed him to QB and the rest is history.

Thought he came in as a QB? Couldnt get on the field, but he is such a great athelete, that they put him at WR/RB.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
There were multiple times that it looked like he was just throwing it up for grabs, only to have it go 40 yards on a rope and drop right on the receivers chest.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I can't get over what a stud this guy is. I've never seen anyone just throw the ball with so little effort so precise and on the money. Every single time.

He's the closest college player to Mike Vick I've ever seen, hell he's better IMO.:eek:

Is it just me that finds the comparison to Vick weird? Their playing styles and body size aren't really the same at all?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Is it just me that finds the comparison to Vick weird? Their playing styles and body size aren't really the same at all?

I think they are very comparable. Both have elite elusiveness/speed and both throw the ball on a rope. What am I missing that you are seeing?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The best part of Boykin is him taking time to talk one on one with the kickoff kid. He got down to her level and talked with her before the coin flip.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
You know exactly why people make the comparison. He's also similar to Cam Newton and Jameis Winston. Nothing like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He's half like Russell Wilson or Collin Kaepernick.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
You know exactly why people make the comparison. He's also similar to Cam Newton and Jameis Winston. Nothing like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He's half like Russell Wilson or Collin Kaepernick.

Nice troll attempt. I'm guessing you aren't old enough to remember Vick when he played at V. Tech. Please go ahead and continue to insinuate that race had anything to do with the topic of this thread.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I guess I didn't even think about race at all when he said that but to each their own.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think they are very comparable. Both have elite elusiveness/speed and both throw the ball on a rope. What am I missing that you are seeing?

Boykin is 6'2, 220 pounds, and is a throw first quarterback with excellent accuracy. Vick was a tiny sprinter, that ran for his first and second option before choosing to pass, and had a cannon for an arm with less than desirable accuracy. I guess that's where I struggle to see the comparison.

Help Support Us

Become a patron