_

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Boykin is 6'2, 220 pounds, and is a throw first quarterback with excellent accuracy. Vick was a tiny sprinter, that ran for his first and second option before choosing to pass, and had a cannon for an arm with less than desirable accuracy. I guess that's where I struggle to see the comparison.

Fair enough.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
The best part of Boykin is him taking time to talk one on one with the kickoff kid. He got down to her level and talked with her before the coin flip.

That's what I was going to post as well. That showed first class right there and really impressed me. I don't know if I've ever seen that happen during a coin flip before.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Nice troll attempt. I'm guessing you aren't old enough to remember Vick when he played at V. Tech. Please go ahead and continue to insinuate that race had anything to do with the topic of this thread.

I guess I didn't even think about race at all when he said that but to each their own.
Relax, people, it was just a joke. Yes, I did watch Vick play at Va. Tech.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
That's what I was going to post as well. That showed first class right there and really impressed me. I don't know if I've ever seen that happen during a coin flip before.

I'd like to see this if anybody has a link. Sounds cool. I didn't get to watch the game.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Boykin vs Vick isn't a fair comparison. I think if you put Vick in a modern college offensive system, he's more prolific than anyone we have seen. Yes, Boykin is great and there are a lot of great ones but just remember that Vick did what he did when systems weren't meant for him to do it. I would call Denard Robinson a guy more closely compared to Vick than Boykin. He's probably the single closest thing to him. Again, he was undone by a staff who didn't know how to take his explosive talent and leverage it into a much easier passing game to utilize him properly. Boykin, to me is more of a Griffin. He has better arm but I'm not sure he's as electric running the football as others.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That is a perfect example of coaching - some coach evaluated him as a WR and another came in and changed him to QB and the rest is history.

I think they were just trying to get him on the field. They liked his QB potential at the time, IIRC.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
attachment.php

Attachments

• Boykin.jpg
    Boykin.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts

Help Support Us