A little Bio about GMAC I think needs to be cleared up.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
Here's a little tidbit Bio about GMAC that I thought everyone knew... just might need to be put out there again.

McDermott chose to come to UNI and play for two coaches who would profoundly influence his life, and his decision to become a coach: Jim Berry for his first three years (he redshirted his first season), and Eldon Miller for his final two campaigns. "I couldn't have played for two better coaches or two better people in my five years at Northern Iowa," he said. "I wouldn't have been a Panther if it weren't for Coach Berry - he got this thing off to a great start. Coach Miller came in my last two years and obviously, I learned about character from Coach Miller and how to teach the game of basketball."

Reactions: Wesley

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
CoolStoryBro.jpg

Reactions: CyGuy33

XLK9

Dec 31, 2009
Ames
Are we going to have that chat again about stringing together two coherent thoughts?

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
McDermott chose to come to UNI and play for two coaches who would profoundly influence his life, and his decision to become a coach: Jim Berry for his first three years (he redshirted his first season), and Eldon Miller for his final two campaigns.
I find it amazing that when he went to UNI, he actually got to choose to play for two coaches. Usually you choose to play for one, one Chizik's you, then you play for another.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I find it amazing that when he went to UNI, he actually got to choose to play for two coaches. Usually you choose to play for one, one Chizik's you, then you play for another.

You can leave the program after coach 1 leaves.

cyinthesky

Dec 12, 2006
THERE YOU GO! ONE THOUGHT, ONE POST. YOU'RE CATCHING ON!:eek:
Dude... I know you've only been on this site for just a handful of days, So your credibility isn't anywhere near being established yet. I don't post alot on here, or jump into very many conversations, I do however read a ton of posts, and learn the personalities and argumentative traits of many CFers.

But even moreover I'd like to caution you on confronting the personalities of the many fanatics on this site. Many CFers have different views and talk in different tongues. Some of them with heavy credibility and major longevity to this site (like Psyc. Brian) I don't always agree with what he or others say on here, but your sarcasm is empty. Its pointless. And if it's not sarcasm, you're making a fool out of yourself.

In this case (in my mind) he was seeing how people were bad mouthing Greg Mc Dermott, and telling falsehoods about how he was recruited to UNI, and the coaches involved in other threads, huma, huma, huma... and instead of burring his thoughts in that thread, I'm guessing he felt it nessessary to begin a new one. Many folks do that, they combine their arguements into one thread, and if you can't figure out what others are saying, you ought to keep your ridiculous coments to yourself. But belittling any veteran CFer "with your credentials" makes a lot of us wonder what sort of person you are. Nobody's trying to get the last word here, just trying to advise you about your attitude. Don't be a smart ***, there's to much competition on this site. For crying outloud, look at your own signature!

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Dude... I know you've only been on this site for just a handful of days, So your credibility isn't anywhere near being established yet. I don't post alot on here, or jump into very many conversations, I do however read a ton of posts, and learn the personalities and argumentative traits of many CFers.

But even moreover I'd like to caution you on confronting the personalities of the many fanatics on this site. Many CFers have different views and talk in different tongues. Some of them with heavy credibility and major longevity to this site (like Psyc. Brian) I don't always agree with what he or others say on here, but your sarcasm is empty. Its pointless. And if it's not sarcasm, you're making a fool out of yourself.

In this case (in my mind) he was seeing how people were bad mouthing Greg Mc Dermott, and telling falsehoods about how he was recruited to UNI, and the coaches involved in other threads, huma, huma, huma... and instead of burring his thoughts in that thread, I'm guessing he felt it nessessary to begin a new one. Many folks do that, they combine their arguements into one thread, and if you can't figure out what others are saying, you ought to keep your ridiculous coments to yourself. But belittling any veteran CFer "with your credentials" makes a lot of us wonder what sort of person you are. Nobody's trying to get the last word here, just trying to advise you about your attitude. Don't be a smart ***, there's to much competition on this site. For crying outloud, look at your own signature!

I hope I can get to the point some day where I have a good deal of internet credibility.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
I have no idea why this thread is here. Maybe I'm dim, but I don't get it.

No kidding... Maybe I missed something, but does Mac's playing career at UNI have any effect on his coaching at ISU? Was someone thinking he had eligibility remaining so he could suit up and play for us? lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron