A very unique request to help someone out that deserves it

belmond64

Oct 5, 2008
I understand what your sister, her husband and you are going through at the present time. I lost my wife to breast cancer last February. We would always attend the games with our son, daughter-in-law and grandson due to our son's generosity of purchasing the tickets for us. I will feel a huge void going to the game Saturday evening without my wife. Ask for help from anyone that can possibly assist you. People will be more than willing to help you. What you are doing for your sister and her husband can never be replaced.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Anyone? Willing to trade pass in S4 and cash to make it work. I gave them the tickets last night and they were absolutely thrilled, the smiles were priceless! Now, I am to the begging point if that is what it takes to complete this deal.
Thanks

Is there something we on CF can do to assist you getting through to JP or athletics or whomever?

My parking pass won't get you any closer, but I wonder whether you could get the okay to simply drive them into the 85E lot close to the gate and let them off.

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
Very nice gift. Kudo's to you.

If all else fails, I would ask attendants that let you in S4 to radio for a golfcart for a handicap person. Seems like there are always ones running around. The trolley is a decent idea too. The sister might even enjoy it.

We tailgate in S4 too, so if there is anything I can do to help, PM me.

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006
I'm sorry that I can not help out with the pass, but I wanted to reiterate what some others have said about what a great thing this is that you are doing. I will pray for you and your family, and hope the game on Saturday will be something you can remember forever.

God bless you and your family

Reactions: lakeliving

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
I understand what your sister, her husband and you are going through at the present time. I lost my wife to breast cancer last February. We would always attend the games with our son, daughter-in-law and grandson due to our son's generosity of purchasing the tickets for us. I will feel a huge void going to the game Saturday evening without my wife. Ask for help from anyone that can possibly assist you. People will be more than willing to help you. What you are doing for your sister and her husband can never be replaced.

Belmond ... hang in there buddy! It's been two years for me.

My public service announcement: About 40% of the US population will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. I know that sounds incredible -- but it's true. When the time comes ... get your screenings. A colonoscopy at age 50 is easy ... do it. If something feels wrong and it's persistent, go to the doc.

Reactions: lakeliving

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
I do have a call and email into athletic office and they have been very very kind to me. They are looking into what is possible, but I fully understand that parking is at a premium and they can't just randomly "create" a parking spot that does not exist. They have been great and they are looking into it for me, which is absolutely all I can ask. That is why I thought I would try someone that already has a spot that might be willing to trade. Our AD dept. has been great to me!

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
AD has been helpful, as all of you have been on here. Current plan is for my sister and her group to use the S4 parking pass that I have and go to gate 3. At that point, wait for a cart and take them to the Jacobson Building.
So.......................does anyone have a pass for ANY lot that I may BUY for myself?
Still willing to pay top dollar plus some for a pass in C6, B6, 85E.................please please please? (not for me, my sister)
Have some decent basketball tickets in the parquet on the season ticket level I would be willing to offer in addition.
Do I sound desperate?
I GREATLY appreciate the cart etc that the AD is offering, but selfishly I am still trying to make this "perfect" for her.
Thanks

Last edited:

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Some of you may be sick of this, so I truly apologize for that. But I feel a need to pass 2 things on.
The first is a BIG thank you to the couple in West Des Moines that allowed me to get the 4 passes to the Jacobson Suites for Saturday's game. Thanks for helping me out!You did not know me, but you helped me, that says a lot right there!
The second is a BIG thank you to a member here on CF that went out on the hunt for me (and I have never met this person before) to find a pass in C6 right by the Jacobson Building, you put the finishing touches on my day I have planned for her. I can't begin to thank you enough.
Lots and lots of good people in this world, these people proved that by sticking their neck out for someone they did not know. The day will be great for my sister and her group! Thanks again to all of you that tried to help and offered great suggestions to get my plan to the finish line!

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
My sister and her group had an awesome time at the game. The parking pass out front made a huge difference for her. Thanks to the Cyclone fan that helped me out. The entire staff at the Jacobson Building was fantastic. She said the viewpoint during the game was outstanding and great experience for her. Thanks again to all!

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
God bless, I hope you and your family will have a great experience saturday that will last a lifetime.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
My sister has since passed away, roughly one week after the game. Thanks again to all of the Cyclone fans that worked to make my plan for her work. She loved the experience, it was just awesome to see a sparkle in her eye as she was telling me about the Jacobson Building and the view during the game, cancer had not taken the sparkle in her eye from her!Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Sorry to hear that about your sister. It is people like you that are truly amazing. Even though it was for you sister, you did a great thing. My family sends their thoughts and prayers.

CSheen

Feb 10, 2011
I'm so glad you could do that for her, I cant imagine getting to see the Cyclones with those circumstances. I'm glad it worked out and I'm glad she could go with a good memory of the clones. Godbless.